Race Announcers/Presenters

Add any race announcers you know of below. I get asked this question pretty often.

U.S.

Chris Wheeler
Chris Ortenburger (is a good presenter IMO)
Dave McIntyre (Cup Karts North)
Eric Brennan (WKA)
Justin Schuoler
Randy Kugler
Rob Howden
Terry Bridges
Tim Chapman (Announces most SoCal races. Plus Lake Perris speedway events and monster truck stuff.)
Tim Koyen (@Tim)
Tony LaPorta
Tony Modica from OGP
Tony The Toe Cup Karts Central
Xander Clements (@XanderClements)

UK/Europe

Chris McCarthy (Karting Magazine)

@XanderClements has done the last two rounds of the Texas Sprint Race Series that my daughter runs Mini Swift in, and he has done a great job with that. He’s even pronounced our last name correctly, especially when she ended up driving across the grass and saved it at the last round.

1 Like

Dave McIntyre Cup Karts North

Tony The Toe(Don’t remember his last name) Cup Karts Central

1 Like

Tony Modica from OGP does a great job.
Randy Kugler of course.
Chris Wheeler could make a nascar race exciting.

1 Like

Tim Chapman

Announces most SoCal races. LAKC, Tri-C and some FKC races. Plus Lake Perris speedway events and monster truck stuff. He’s awesome!

1 Like

Came across a gent called Justin Schuoler today.

3 Likes

Justin is a great guy in karting

2 Likes

Added Eric Brennan… he works at some WKA races.

Funny when you Google your name and this pops up… Thanks for the kind words, @David_Gallaher! Miss seeing you at the track, bud.

I loved announcing that race. In fact, funny story with that is the KPX guys were just looking for a photographer for the weekend. Mike Smith recommended my wife, and we spent the weekend up there. I got to hang out with some friends, until the opportunity came to me to let me hold the mic for the Sunday mains. As an announcer, it’s always cool to hear the positive feedback and support after the races, but the greatest feeling is during the race or when you’re done announcing the race and you see the entire chain-linked fence lined with people watching the race. Ever since then, it’s something I wanted to learn how to do even better and make it a full-time career to help make it as great of a show as possible for everyone.

3 Likes