Rebel Scum goes racing: GPNY

Wound up 7th in Series B. I’m posting Series B Final now, still processing.

My fastest lap (49.899) was lap number 13, and even that lap wasn’t great if you watch it (once it posts). I drove like sh*t today, but I had fun regardless. I just couldn’t do what I wanted to do my hands weren’t keeping up with my head.

It could have been the 4 hours of sleep and getting up at 5am to come here, but maybe I’m just making excuses. This was my first time at this track and I had no practice runs.

We’ll get 'em next time!

A funnier moment (not from finals) was someone screaming “SERIOUSLY” in what I can only assume is from him trying to take the turn through my kart which is clearly ahead of his and then blaming me for it:

Assuming you mean SD card, I remember long ago learning to never delete files off a card used in a GoPro via another device (PC, phone, etc.), and to prefer “Format” option on the camera itself.

Something to do with the unique way data is written to the file system by GoPro. It resulted in similar issues of some recordings showing through explorer and some not. IIRC there might be some “data recovery” methods to get them back if you try them without messing with the card any further.

You might also have luck trying to view them through the camera itself (rather than plugging SD card directly in to a laptop or whatever).

Not sure if that’s what happened here but throwing it out there.

It has your Saturday sessions but nothing from Sunday… I am assuming you heard it go on and off? I am baffled.

Ok so the hero 9 never connects via their usual app thing. The sd card reader also won’t show card. But, the files on the camera were uploaded to App at least.

Now how to get from app to cloud?

And that doesn’t explain why Saturday is on cars but not Sunday.

I think it’s time for another sd card.

1 Like

Ha, you beat me. I think my best was 49.9 in finals. I thought I drove ok in finals but I had issues with understeer in heat race on that one kart. I got passed down ramp since it just wouldn’t behave.

I saw your short, that was funny. Pretty sure pit lane needs to give priority.

It’s funny, when Andre and I practiced Saturday, he got me to think about that and think about how that place requires you to commit to the rotations to go full throttle around the course at rental speed 4.

When I showed up for quali, I was surprised that a) the course changed and b) the karts were faster for the race…

I therefore spent the first couple heats trying to go flat around the course and it didn’t work well. So, I had to rethink things and go back to modulation.

Except the electric rentals have a wierd thing where if you lift slightly, it sometimes cuts power for 1/4 second.

So that means you have to brake, which I hadn’t been doing. So that pretty much killed the first two heats for me, alas.

That’s about as clean as we gonna get, there. I accidentally walled a guy in practice going down ramp, so I was careful after that.

I thought that was happening to me too but what it was (for me at least) was that I had too much pressure resting my foot on the brakes :sweat_smile:. I didn’t realize the brake pedals flip up to extend it so it’s not so cramped until I saw someone else do it.

Ah that must have been it. That was driving me nuts. The Bizkarts have those kiddie extenders so the brake unit is kinda big. There was no good place to keep your left foot close but not on pedal.

I liked the karts alot but that’s the one thing that I didn’t like. Otherwise they were very good.

1 Like

I’m thinking of doing more non-action shorts.

Why do I get the feeling they will get more views than the karting?

Here it is: https://youtu.be/ATa7eQ14JXE

Hey, here’s my fastest, which could use some polishing up:

Here’s some 360 fun: