Rebuild intervals for tillotson-hw27(x30)

Hallo

How often do I need to re-build my tillotson carburettor for my x30, as a rule of thumb ??
I´m only a club driver, so no high levels…

And is it best to use a complete kit like this, every time ?? : https://www.mondokart.com/en/iame-mondokart-karting/iame-x30-125cc-tag-mondokart-karting/reeds-admission-x30-mondokart-karting/repair-kit-genuine-carburettor-tillotson-hw-27a.html
Or could the “two” diaphragm do ?
Diaphragm TILLOTSON - 237.600 (HW-27A) | 4.40€ | The Go-kart less expensive : Direct-karting.com
Diaphragm TILLOTSON - 237.162 (HW-27A) | 2.95€ | The Go-kart less expensive : Direct-karting.com

Thanks…

1 Like

I ran a Tillotson 334AB, very similar to the HW27 with a smaller venturi. I generally replaced full kit every 3 or 4 hours of run time. I would occasionally check it every 2 hours of run time, clean and blow it out, but the diaphragms didn’t start to sag until the 3 or 4 hour mark. They were OE kits. Aftermarkets may not last as long.

1 Like

At club level, overhaul it whenever you do a bottom end on the engine. Every 30 hours or so.

I’ve never had any issues with it

1 Like

Thanks guys…

20 char…

Just to add - do regular pop off checks, every 3-4 hours. If it goes outside of 8-12 range give it a service, it shouldn’t though.

What should my pop off be ?

Depends on you, some like it low at 8 some like it high at 12.

10 is generally accepted as normal, if it’s less than 8 or more than 12 then you need to look into why

Look for power republic rebuild vid

10 psi or ?

20 charr

Yeah sorry. Psi

20 char

1 Like

Btw. Is it with high and low jet closed ? Or just with my normal setting for high and low

You want them open, normal settings on the screws is fine.

1 Like

Cool
And just on the fuel inlet

Yep. Making sure your keep fuel or WD40 In there.

1 Like