Removing wheel bearings front hubs

Hey guys chassis is a birel ry30-s10…wanting to remove the bearings from the front hubs for replacement but can’t seem to get them out…anyone have any idea on the methodology/tools required?

1 Like

Heat the hubs in an oven and the bearings should fall out or be tapped out easily. Don’t forget to use oven mitts when removing the hubs from the oven.

1 Like

Since you don’t intend to reuse the bearings you can use many methods.
One is to use a long punch or dowel. It has to be a smaller diameter enough to angle in the bore of the bearing to catch the other side.
Another is to put four splits in a pipe and flare that end. It will pass through the hole on one direction and not the other. You can pull the split into the center of the hub and then reverse direction to knock
out the bearing.
A J-hook can work too if heavy enough.
I use PB Blaster before removal and never seize going back in.

2 Likes

Here’s a video on changing a Tony kart hub bearings, but will apply to you as well.

1 Like

Seriously?? Just use the heat method that I described above, zero chance of damaging the bearing bore, no special tools needed. GEEZ…

1 Like

Never wanted car/kart parts in oven. Burnt pizza smells bad enough. A cheap roaster oven kept in shop works well instead

1 Like

Never said the kitchen oven. I use a toaster oven.

Yes, just heat them, they pop right out.

Thanks for all the replies guys, got em out