Rib Vest Recommendations for Karting

Trust their size chart. Measure your chest from just below the arm pit.

I love my Bengio

1 Like

I am 6’ 168lbs with a long torso. The xl is too big for me.

1 Like

and remember TRY IT ON SITTING DOWN NOT STANDING. This is very important to ensure you have the correct fit.

2 Likes

I severely hurt my ribs during the last race of 2019. Never wore a rib protector and never needed one until then. Went with a bengio, they even upgraded to the carbon fiber version for free since they were out of stock of the cheaper one. Used it a few times now and im shocked of how i do not feel any pain.

3 Likes

I just ordered a bengio also and was given the Kevlar version since the standard was out of stock.

2 Likes

My standard plastic Bengio has held up wonderfully for 5 years now. The carbon and kevlar does look cool though.

1 Like

This is my radiologist report as a result of wearing a cheap rib protector

Welcome to alarming doctors for the rest of your life. They always pick up on my ribs and ask about it. (Assuming X-rays).

My Diagnosis from the Dr this week without an Xray is that I most likely pulled the muscle from the rib.

I am taking nanoproxen daily, bought the new Bengio protector and added seat padding to the sides of my seat to snug the fit.

Stay out of the kart for a while, hard as that may be. Very easy to re-injure.

That is my plan, we have 3 weeks to the next race.

I am going to focus on the sim for now (although even the sim with the force feedback turned down) is somewhat uncomfortable.

Not sure what I did to mine. But been in pretty heavy pain since Sunday from a battle with a curb. But first race is the year is Sunday. Not missing it. Then a month till next race so I’ll be fine.

I made two standard plastic ones last 20 years, about 7 years for the first one and it died in a massive crash. The second one didn’t get as much use (wasn’t racing as much) and failed on the strap.

Plus one for Bengio. Absolutely love mine

1 Like

Turned another 60 odd laps yesterday in crazy heat, not a hint of pain

1 Like

So where did everyone get their Bengio? I ran an omp and got some rib damage. Upon inspection I found some damage. Awaiting a response from omp currently.

Edit. This is only 6 events of use

I got mine at Kartstore.it

I got mine at DKC. :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Here to report after nearly 8 weeks off I got into the kart this weekend for a 2 day event. Between my Bengio protector, low profile seat bolts and some seat padding I felt great.

I can still feel something was injured, but not for a second did I have any pain. I would describe it as some slight discomfort after but quickly goes away.

So for those who were/are injured. Stay out of the kart for as long as you can would be my advice,

2 Likes