Rok shifter battery connection

Ok, I’m gonna take another look at the SS1, it’s considerably cheaper than the ME and the paddles look pretty cool.

Are you planning on racing or just track days? If you want to compete the shift system likely won’t be legal. Most times those systems are only legal in special cases of an injury or disability.

Well, this whole thing started because of my love for racing(F1, NASCAR,Indy……,}and I am turning 50 next week , so to avoid the mid life crisis sports car, I decided to build the mid life crisis go kart as it was something I always wanted growing up. All that said, I don’t know if I will compete. I’m gonna be happy if I get it to start, lol.

3 Likes

And I’m discovering that they both end up costing about the same.:weary:

Yeah, they’re pretty close in price parity. I got the non-ECU model because I liked the idea of it’s simpler, potentially more reliable operation. It didn’t hurt the it was lower priced. The higher-end ECU model with the blue tooth setting adjustment interface is slick & has all the bells & whistles, but it’s the top of the food chain.

I got my SS2 for $1030.40 shipped. I should probably also mention that I got a “Black Friday” deal (in March, actually) that knocked the price down 10%. The website notes that they’re closed through Sept. 6 - literally, vacation during this time is a customary thing in Italy, the country almost practically shuts down during August - so you could inquire about it then.

Awesome, thanks Spencer. Gotta wait a couple weeks anyway so the go kart fund can replenish,I.e.I’m busting my ass working trying to finish, I would say paying for it but it’s more like buy the stuff that I need 1st and then go a little crazy. Lol

Hello karting world, hope your excited as I am about the 2022 season coming our way, despite all the woes in the world right now. Anyway, I posted some pics of my kart and could use any help, especially with the clutch on the rok shifter.

Who sold you a Rok Shifter setup on a chassis without front brakes? You’ll definitely want to fit front brakes before hitting the track, otherwise the think is going to be a handful.

2 Likes

Second that. That’s not great. You’ll want to rectify that.

Was the kart previously used with an 80cc shifter engine possibly? That would explain the lack of front brakes.

You might have difficulties being allowed on track without front brakes on 125 shifter. Might be worth asking the track you plan driving it at.

With that out of the way, what questions so you have about the clutch?

1 Like

Lol, thanks guys, I bought the chassis naked and have bought everything, got the IPK complete front brake system on it’s way. It was the last thing I needed to finish before I try to crank it up. Now, the place where the clutch attaches doesn’t have any resistance and the kart is in neutral, should there be tension when I try to move the clutch connection?

If you’re moving the lever on the engine by hand, there will be some slack. Once that’s taken up it will take a decent amount of force to move it any further. Set the handle so that there is always a small amount of slack at full lock.

If the lever doesn’t stop and spins freely then youre possibly missing a pin in the clutch.

1 Like

Thanks James, I’ll try that and let you know.