Route 66 New Castle Sunday Final (Ka100)

Here is the final from this past Sunday at Route 66 in New Castle. KA Senior had by far the biggest class with 31 entries, and due to a bit of a driver error (and a popped chain) on lap one of the prefinal I was forced to start all the way at the back of that field.

2 Likes

Good run Emory! (20char)

1 Like

Nice race. Can’t tell if draft really makes a difference at NC or you are just faster than those folks.

Emory was faster than most of those guys, but the draft is definitely worth around .5 per lap at New Castle.

2 Likes

The draft is really powerful at New Castle and I had a setup that gave me really good exit speed, which allowed me to pull up really quickly once I had the draft. Initially (after a lap of shaking off some rust!) I had more speed than pretty much everyone, but by the end of the race I was only closing in by about 2 to 3 tenths per lap, which around New Castle is not a lot.

Good to know if I ever get there. It really is significant. You pulled on each group pretty hard.

1 Like

The only thing Emory need more of was laps. Great drive Emory. Next time just keep that chain on in the prefinal.:wink::wink:

2 Likes

Arrgh, that sucks some of my best runs have been marred by throwing a chain. 70 at NCMP in a KA is not what I expected to see. Nice run!

How has KA100 been so far in Route 66? Good Racing?

I would say very good. Here’s a few clips I shot at Route 66 last year at Badger.

It’s the best class in Route 66 right now in terms of numbers and competition. At USPKS it’s a basically the same drivers so similar competition.