Route 66 New Castle Sunday Final (Ka100)

iame_ka100
video

(Emory Lyda ) #1

Here is the final from this past Sunday at Route 66 in New Castle. KA Senior had by far the biggest class with 31 entries, and due to a bit of a driver error (and a popped chain) on lap one of the prefinal I was forced to start all the way at the back of that field.

(TJ Koyen) #2

Good run Emory! (20char)

(Dom Callan) #3

Nice race. Can’t tell if draft really makes a difference at NC or you are just faster than those folks.

(TJ Koyen) #4

Emory was faster than most of those guys, but the draft is definitely worth around .5 per lap at New Castle.

(Emory Lyda ) #5

The draft is really powerful at New Castle and I had a setup that gave me really good exit speed, which allowed me to pull up really quickly once I had the draft. Initially (after a lap of shaking off some rust!) I had more speed than pretty much everyone, but by the end of the race I was only closing in by about 2 to 3 tenths per lap, which around New Castle is not a lot.

(Dom Callan) #6

Good to know if I ever get there. It really is significant. You pulled on each group pretty hard.

(Noah Koenig) #7

The only thing Emory need more of was laps. Great drive Emory. Next time just keep that chain on in the prefinal.:wink::wink:

(James McMahon) #8

Arrgh, that sucks some of my best runs have been marred by throwing a chain. 70 at NCMP in a KA is not what I expected to see. Nice run!

(Gage Hembree) #9

How has KA100 been so far in Route 66? Good Racing?

(James McMahon) #10

I would say very good. Here’s a few clips I shot at Route 66 last year at Badger.

(TJ Koyen) #11

It’s the best class in Route 66 right now in terms of numbers and competition. At USPKS it’s a basically the same drivers so similar competition.