Sim Racing 2024

I’ll pull up some oval traces. I’m curious to see how temps evolve. They definitely matter.

Oddly I managed a fastest lap on 50 lap old tires. This just means I drive inefficiently I think :sunglasses:

Tire overheat in iracing = greasy fronts?

Pretty much, you are going to lose all feeling in the tires

1 Like

Your Sim-Lab pedals get amazing reviews.:. Need them. Are you ready to upgrade yet and sell me yours😎?

@speedcraft I just figured it out. We’ve been going about this the wrong way…

Going round the outside is even worse backwards! Resist the temptation, Warren!

Back to making videos. Kinda gets boring after I make my way back up to 5th. Was a blast fighting from the back tho.

@Bimodal_Rocket you can watch my brake traces while not perfect it’s a fast load-up then bleed off the brakes into the corner has the car looses downforce and the front tires are fighting to both turn and brake

1 Like

I’m doing surprisingly well in this series so far. This and the Super Formula are my favorite two cars to drive.

1 Like

Well, that kinda redefines oversteer. :flushed:
So, I guess a Dyslexus would be the car to have for this race?

I shall take a look.

Meanwhile…

IMG_1491

Only if it is equipped with a turbo encabulator.

1 Like

Well done! I have yet to summon the courage to get back in the fight, sim-wise.

@tjkoyen
A kei van appeared at the station (found by Nick):

1 Like

Great license plate.

1 Like

I liked that touch too! Too bad he wasn’t able to have it official on registration. I also had to settle in that my car was supposed to be “fromage” but I got beaten to it by some cheese monger in NJ. So I had to choose a different vanity plate. I like his solution of a pretend plate.

As a counterpoint to the idea that rental karting isn’t karting… I found this video a while back wherein the narrator is a new racer and is describing Nick driving ahead of him.

The narrator describes what karting, done correctly, looks like. I think Nick is doing a good example of how to drive a kart in this description. I think he is “karting” and using the exact same knowledge and skills that he would be using in his old Compkart X30.

@fatboy1dh I’m tempted to challenge you on this one… I’d argue that a rental kart is karting… I do agree that rental racing and owner kart racing are different beasts. I am not sure I would go so far as to say it’s not kart racing… although in some cases it probably isn’t. Overall. I’m pretty sure it is.

James question is so tough. The problem is that I can totally see your point as well. It’s kinda nuanced and I think actually is several questions all wrapped up into one that no one will ever agree upon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@speedcraft we now return to our previously scheduled sim programming.

Look what I got:

Awesome!
No excuses now… well except for lack of motion. :grin:

1 Like

Oh my sciatica… :grinning::grinning: 29 things

I have discovered the power tool rabbit hole. My kid got me some of the ryobi modular power supplies and wow this stuff is cool.

They make all sorts of electrical devices that that seem very cool. My new power supply will be amazing for long race weekends.

Sim wind simulator :grin:

1 Like

The 4 amp and 6 amp are the same size. Nick also got a honking big one that will run the laptop and the projector. (But he disassembled it to try to figure out how to put a switch on the outlet output. It fundamentally bothered him that it leaks a teeny bit of power thru the outlet when powered on or something. Some design flaw. I don’t know wether to be proud, concerned or seeking shelter from his experiments).

My portable little battery charger thingy by my sim.

Also, I have engineered a solution of interest…

But first I must continue driving the lotus 79 around Elias’s Home track Oval, New Hampshire.
@speedcraft i seek out novel driving experiences these days, I think. I just wanna do oval stuff of various types. I am wondering if an @AndreLafond car video game challenge is in order… Vespas on Dirt track mini oval? Monster truck/LMP Multiclass speedway racing?

Trading Paints IRL

Oh and Google did this to summarize my 2023 photo library. Karting + Animal memes.

Bunch KP folks in this pic if you can find them…
Let’s play identify the Kartpulsian!

Hints: a sendy man from a cold land… a flourisher of flag dancing brilliance… an enforcer of laptimes… a sartorial Englishman who has seen a few karts in his day… and… the adult kids? Of Chris McCoy (Endurance Karting race dir).

2 Likes

If you want a fun and unconventional iracing experience, try the pro2 lite truck around Snetterton 300, works surprisingly well.

1 Like