Sim Racing Megatopic

You want to be VERY careful with that paint in game. The effect of the grip down there is very strong.

If your wheels touch paint at any angle, the kart will rotate. This can be used to whip the back end around. If you come i to the paint straight, with the right side parallel and in the paint, it creates a backstop.

So yes. But also no.

oh ok i was talking more about the irl line.

1 Like

Depends on power, I think. We have been discussing this one. There’s no consensus amongst us as to what is the correct way.

I’ll look for some .3x s1 and see where I finish, relative to right edge.

What seems to matter most is how you feed throttle in through this complex.

1 Like

ok i dont play kart kraft much so i dont know how the physics differ from irl but all the tips ive told you relate to irl lines.

Well thank you. I can’t wait to go down there on the rentals! I am almost 100% sure all the stuff I think I know about the track from KK will be different from reality.

But, at least I won’t be surprised by upcoming corners.

1 Like

that is true kk to reality is quite diffrent

Please do. I would like to see the correct line for irl. These kk laps are typically a bit frenzied.

1 Like

alright also im heading up there friday and i can hop into the rentals and strap on a gopro

Ooh now you talking my language. Make it so, please.

1 Like

:sunglasses: Who, me? The guy who tells all the n00bs they are pushing too hard can’t possibly be overdriving, too.:thinking:

Going back to 6 for a sec… that’s a hard turn to get right and I fail more than succeed. I am trying to get the kart around such that I can be on throttle uninterrupted for the remainder of the track.

The way out that appears fast doesn’t get you stuck behind the apex after the island thing.

I am rotating the kart all the way around so that I can get the left side on the grass of the apex prior to the island.

Of the two laps, the 2nd is an 18.7 which is fast.

Speaking of paint, the strip at 6 to right in braking zone can be interesting. It forces the kart to straighten along its (painted) line. If you brake in this strip, the kart will get reoriented (suddenly, at speed). It jumps a bit but will hold. Allows for more perpendicular and later turn in. (Just noticed 2.4g load :rofl:)

This paint (not using it here).

1 Like

ill do my best to make it happen no garentee tho

Thanks either way. Have a good weekend regardless and win a race or two.

1 Like

ill try to do so (20 charecters)

A different kind of sim rig
(Red, Dead, Redemption)

Thankfully, I don’t have to clean up after my kart simulator.

@olivier.p

So, you are probably correct about the exit to 4 being more middle. There is a line that is correct (it’s the shortest line, I think) that navigates this turn complex almost by itself. It kind of feels like the world rotates around the kart, with the kart having a stake driven through the middle, pivoting around that axis as you turn. Sorta feels like standing still as you turn.

Anyways, this, when done perfectly, sort of shoots you out the middle. It’s easier to get this without mashing then throttle, going slower and being really careful about not having the kart get pulled off the pivot by throttle (pulls right).

I haven’t been able to make it work at high speed very well. But I did do a nice .5 ish one.

Anyways the correct line is likely what you describe. I think we aren’t seeing it in the fastest laps because we get pulled right.

It may be that we are all overdriving it and that there is a very careful and patient throttle line that is faster.

1 Like

@olivier.p so, how’s this look?
Here is finally, a sub .4 S1 using the middle exit and an attempt at doing the turn “correctly”.

Interestingly, it’s more about placement and timing of throttle, to keep the kart on that balanced, inside line. The sector is faster despite two lifts to rotate and place kart.

1 Like

looks good maybe you can use more of the t2 exit and setting up for t4 i see your running onto the rumle strips which is fine in kk but irl its a bad idea.

You had mentioned using the space below (the OB area) between 3 and 4. I had pushed back about how dicey it can be if it grabs your tires wrong. Here I’m dipping down like you said. Is this the rumble strips you mean? Or are you talking g about the rumble strip area of t1 on top of hill? It looks like I’m half a kart width in the rumbles at exit of t2 as well.

1 Like

i think i was talking about the t1 exit rumble strips which u fixed and now you on them. i think in-game u can use the t3-t4 rumble strips but IRL there a no go.

1 Like

Zach gives us important news:

Genk, ai, Handling update, weather update.

1 Like