Sim Racing Megatopic

If you can video what the problem looks like, that would help.

1 Like

It doesn’t. Makes it easier to be faster though

And I think that’s what I mean. You make less mistakes. You have much greater control and agency. You are faster.

In my practice session, I had tighter dispersion.

Just go buy a CSL DD.

You’ll get as much out of this as a new rolling chassis or engine.

It’s that good.

I’d get the boost kit to unlock the 8nm. If you are coming from a gear based unit, the base 5nm will be a big improvement. But, if you can afford, get boost kit.

Sub 500 with boost:

Sub 400 without:

New, inexpensive pedals:

" Three ways to upgrade.

Upgrade your CSL Pedals with metal pedal faces (optional, coming soon), the Clutch Kit (optional), or the Load Cell Kit (optional, coming soon). The Clutch Kit provides a third pedal at the lowest possible price. The Load Cell Kit is an alternative to the Clutch Kit, also providing a third pedal, while upgrading the brake and main electronics."

Future of sim is bright. This really changes the high end space. It pretty much breaks down the wall for DD mainstream.

I am closing in on 10k views for one of my videos. I find this pretty interesting. It seems that at some point, the you tube algorithm decided to start promoting one of my laps. One day the views started to climb and just kept going.

As time has passed, it seems to have also picked up other videos and they are climbing, too.

Whats interesting is that the videos aren’t interesting. They are pretty specifically just fast laps. I am not monetized so none of this matters but it’s kind of neat.

It seems that whenever I do a real life race and put it up, I pick up a few subscribers too. I’m up to 110.

Maybe someday I should do real content.

The problem is I am kind of a grinder and grinding is dull to watch. That’s the majority of my content. To quantify: I have played 2580 hrs of KK since I started. I also took months off doing USF2000 iracing.

Somehow in the last 2-3 years I have driven the KK karts for 107.5 days total. :sunglasses:.

Also, Jan-Sep 2021 I had 583 starts in iRacing. So, big KK break thrown in there.

Hope to have a WR for you all soon. Maybe.

Regarding the DD. It may just be me, but I feel like the DD is a more accurate representation of what the kart steering feels and acts like IRL, (as compared to my older belt drive).

Obviously its not perfect, but, the DD seems to transmit real-time info fron the tires/chassis/road that is very similar to IRL.

I drive at 65% strength and even at this lighter setting, the moments where the kart resists or kicks back can be felt immediately and clearly.

@tankyx Do you find that the DD has similarities to IRL comparatively?

Yes, also I like the DD2 because I was able to run higher forces (up to 18Nm in my case) which felt great for karting

In case someone feels the need to spend 1500 on a steering wheel:

And here’s the beef:

Reminder: Fanatec Black Friday sale tomorrow:
https://blackfriday.fanatec.com/

Good things come, suddenly, to those who wait.

To be honest I had almost thrown in the towel on good old AMP. It had been my intention to post a fast lap before the ProCup race there, but it was not to be. What I got, instead, was a period of consolidation where I got much more competent around the track, while not necessarily being “faster”.

Despite the daily progress and ever tighter lap dispersion, I was getting sick of it. I have been pounding away at AMP for a few months, now. Had I not dropped this lap, I might have moved on.

In any case, here’s a step forwards and #2 global. I have the makings of a Sub 48 lap, which I hope to land, soon.

Happy Black Friday and I hope you all get new Fanatec Playstation DD bundles. :sunglasses:

What a fun weekend. Tizi (TJ Zimmerman) pipped me twice. He managed a 48.07 followed it up with an amazing and almost ideal 48.03. All three sectors good.

This out some wind in my sails and I drove like a beast yesterday, running .4-.2 over and over again.

Once the excuse is removed and it’s time to step up, we do. I finally saw my optimal drop sub 48 to 47.93. :sunglasses:

I will likely keep going and try for the ultra lap.

I was rereading older posts about iracing and I think it’s time to go back. I really learned a ton first time around and I think my results were intriguing.

The problem with KK is there is just not enough of us. It’s very hard to compete in a relative vacuum. The interplay between racers is what makes racing interesting. Hotlapping is great, but it’s extremely fussy. One does get tired of trying for perfection.

I think some wooly iracing action would be a nice change.

Now to re-familiarize myself with USF 2000. Time to have the old irating suffer a bit before rising.

1 Like

do you also race skip barber cu ive found myself racing those quite a bit along side the usf

I have not. I should try. Perhaps I shall.

1 Like

if you have cota id recomend trying this weeks race its quite fun

1 Like

This was exciting:

Impressive multi-tier flip at AMP

That’s gotta be 2s hang time.

GLB 1 for air time? :grin:

Absolutely. I am the new world champ for sure.

Hold up. I’m flipping in the opposite direction as one would expect.

You can see I bicycle hitting the fast right. This causes the left side to remain down and the right half lifts.

But, when I touch the rumble strips on track out to the left, observe that my flipping is clockwise as opposed to counter.

It’s very odd looking.

Examining footage, what actually happens is the moment I hit the rumble strip I snap spin 180 while initiating the flip.

So, it looks backwards.

In case you weren’t convinced that Sim is now mainstream. These are high end, sorta boutique sim products that are quite expensive.