Sim Racing Megatopic

Ever get this sorted?

The fundamental problem with publically doing this stuff is what makes it fun. People tend to join in.

Sadly, I was beaten to the sub 48 punch by Liwi. But I shall persist!

This is very strange. I can’t tell what caused this. I don’t think it was a “real” result of some wierd sim-world cause and effect of putting down power oddly.

It feels like something broke on the kart mid-turn. Total loss of input control. In the video you can see the front end lift up. It doesn’t seem to lift as a result of jacking or an imbalance. It appears to lift up like someone literally grabbed the front bumper and lifted the kart up 3 inches.

Take a looksie.

Note: this is similar to front end lift in KZ. In shifter, you put the power down wierd, sending it through the chassis incorrectly, you can have the jacking go “backwards” and the front corner lifts off dramatically.

Note that this is not what happens here. This isn’t a corner lifting. The WHOLE front end suddenly lifts.

There was an accidental inclusion of a new f4 car in iracing this am I believe. It was pulled back and posts deleted. It looks like there’s a new “official” car coming soon.

Also, this:

iRacing community, say hello to the Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance!

I can pretend to be Lewis or Valteri. Release the current redbull, too and let’s role play the 2021 season in sim. Pls no punterino. Time to get the A license.

Also, these are new:
https://www.reddit.com/r/iRacing/comments/ragwdf/new_content_2_new_touring_cars_hyundai_elantra_n/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

The Honda looks like a pretty sweet little Racecar.

1 Like

Does this car include the stealthily illegal rear wing technology and the push to whine button on the wheel? :grin:

2 Likes

Yea and it comes pre-rear ended! #Blessed

cant wait to see all the rokies by it and just spin 24/7

That’s what worries me tbh. But I don’t think formula 4 is gonna be any less of a Bataan Death March. Maybe I should just hide in my USF2000 till things calm down.

ill probaly wait a week and see what is what

Week 13 is upon us:

And since there is no ability to paint the new Merc f1 car, races gonna be visually challenging:

Lewis has a tremendous start and a fabulous run into t1 but what’s this, Lewis is also simultaneously trying the inside and outside position while being pressured by Lewis. (That’s Valteri in the back, following team orders…)

Credit: iracing Reddit as usual

suck that we cant paint the car

1 Like

They have stock!

If you were thinking about it, now is your chance. This is an incredible piece of kit and is a great value in today’s sim market.

I should have just ordered this bundle, but I didnt expect to get a bonus from work the day after I ordered the pedals and load cell. With my luck, by the time I got a refund from canceling my preorders it will be sold out.

Well they said in the same announcement that your preorder will ship first!

I ordered the 5nm. I use a folding rig and paying $150 for a power brick with a second 24v wire is nuts. I just hope they up the date a bit. I want the pedals more than anything else.

My current wheel is a Logitech DFGT!

I hear ya on the brick. It’s still a sub 500 dd tho! You can always upgrade later. The pedals with a loadcell kit will be as big a change as the dd base.

@olivier.p you were correct. R/iracing is awash with posts like this:

This is likely me, soon.

1 Like

i fell into peer pressure and purchased the car and it is quite fun you would be surprised how much speed u can carry

1 Like

Wheelstand for DD

Simlab has introduced a DD capable wheelstand. For those who don’t want a full rig and want to use the new small DD, have at it for 199 euros.

1 Like

A small warning re: DD.

This new tech (DD) is harder on your hands/arms than belt drive.

I drive at 65% output and I am still getting small injuries. The kart is as direct as a real kart, reaction-wise.

So, when you roll over a kerb or have a moment where your steering gets bound up, the wheel will accurately kick and pull.

The speed at which it responds is instant and it does so with full torque. It does not mess around.

I find that I am getting my fingers jammed or hit by the wheel pretty often and I have experienced some sprain type reactions from sudden kicks.

So, be careful out there in DD land, folks.

The big DDs that output 15-25 NM must tear folks arms off.

Also: iracing puts out a warning:

Be a pity to lose an account for a paint.