SKUSA SuperNationals 26 - TJ Driver Diary

So when do the competitors start lapping? Thursday?

Wednesday

20characters

2 Likes

Good luck Tj !! Go go go !!

1 Like

I hit the track at 8:20am local time tomorrow for the first session. Currently in the Denver airport awaiting my connection.

My dad drove out to mechanic for me and he has the kart assembled and basically ready to go.

8 Likes

Good Luck TJ, looking forward to seeing images of the Bestkart

Not TJ’s but one ready to go.

4 Likes

thanks Paul looks the goods, be watching with interest

Well we made the first session! Nothing fell off which is a victory. Basically it was just a shakedown to get a read on the track layout and make sure the nuts and bolts were tight.

Track is incredibly dusty and slippery. We will be taking this next session off to tighten everything back up, check gearing and get ready to go for session three.

11 Likes

Sweet ride! looks super cool :sunglasses: are those the aluminum rims?

Wait? Is this a LEM partnership? Or just using their tent space?

I’m sure @tjkoyen or @Paul_Montopoli can confirm, but those look like the new AMV Puma wheels.

1 Like

@Muskabeatz yes, new Pumas for sure.

2 Likes

I hope you brought a tillet seat with you…

The amount of lead TJ has on there as a grown man to get to Senior weight never ceases to amaze me.

4 Likes

A fellow 135 pounder I presume

(Everyone avoids you to pick the kart up :joy:)

That looks like the amount of lead I have to add to make weight in Masters!

My first Compkart had some BRICKS on it

I feel this in my bones…well, mostly my back. My 43 year old team mate weighs 122lbs with his full kit on. Getting an Eagle up to masters weight was a trick. Everyone around us cringes at the howls coming from his kart lift when he hoists it up and they all seem to scatter when Its time to load it on the stacker.

2 Likes

I run about 40lbs on my kart to make weight. My wrists are shot from lifting up my kart :woozy_face:

I’d have to add even more to make Masters weights.

When I quit TAG i was carrying 55lbs to make masters. I am happy never having to lift a rental kart.

In which case… why not two electric starters, given how the brushes fail constantly. :slight_smile: