South Florida trying to get started in karting

Where are you located?

Port st Lucie Florida

What age bracket are you in? Junior (<16), Senior (16+) or Masters (30+)

Myself masters my kids junior

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your mechanical ability, or willingness to wrench on things?

Willing 100% 8 for ability I wrenched professionally for 10 years

Talk a little about your racing experience so far.

I have some auto experience I did some drifting for a number of years, and dad does some road race. Did some rental cart racing as well.

What’s the main thing you need help with to get you started.

Finding a kid cart and possibly a cart for myself. I have seen there are a couple oval tracks but I’d really like to do sprint style racing. Id love to be able to find someone who has knowledge local and a place to find a good used kart. I have message several people on some local adds to no avail and also on some of the suggested sights.

Watcha hoping for? Buy some karts and race or rental fun?

we have a sprint track in Jacksonville, Florida. We are racing this saturday night. Check out our facebook page and website for North Florida Kart Club.

Looking to buy a cart at least for my son first. At least in my limited knowledge it might be better for him to start on an oval track but I’d like someone’s opinion on that as well. He has been asking me every day to get into it so now I got to do my homework to figure it out. Thanks for the help!

Thank you I actually lived in green cove springs for some time. I might have to check it out. Luckily they are building another road course after PBIR has shut down.

Any local resources for kart sales in area?

I have zero. I tried browsing on line offer up and such while there were some karts there weren’t kids ones.

Getting new could be done but finding used would be better. There’s likely some sort of Facebook or similar trading forum.

Anyone know of leads for equipment in this neck of FL?

Florida has a decent scene for sprint karting. Note that oval karts and sprint karts are fundamentally different in geometry and construction, so switching because the two types of racing isn’t really possible without two separate karts.

The best path is to get in touch with a local kart shop who can advise on local classes that are available for racing, supply you with karts, parts, and tuning advice.

Orlando Kart Center is a bit of a hike for you, but they have a knowledgeable staff and shop who could be of some help. They might be worth a call. They also do rentals.

Homestead is also about the same distance south of you and they have a pretty good facility run by knowledgeable folks.

Shops like this will often have a supply or leads on used equipment. Hunting for karts on Offer Up or FB Marketplace or whatever usually doesn’t bring up the best results.

Awesome I appreciate the info. It looks like a trip to Orlando will be in store I like going that way much more.

1 Like

Funny enough, I bought my daughter’s kid kart from a guy in Orlando. There were a few closer to me (NC) but they were beat, so I met him in Georgia.

1 Like