Spotter headsets and wireless communication?

My grandson runs K1 Speed electric Kart racing and I would like a spotter communication for him. What do you guys use ??? One that works and doesn’t break the bank ???

Is that allowed? In most outdoor series communication devices are banned.

1 Like

It varies. Orgs like Chris have no issues with coms. I’d check with the league.

Theres a few ways to go. You could use something cell phone based or something that has a walkie talkie like feature. There’s a bunch of inexpensive options from China. I think baofeng is one such co.

1 Like

Yeah might be worth running the idea past someone at K1 before you spend any money. (maybe you did already). Perhaps they’ll let you run practice but not races with it.

Dave-

Many have had this idea. This may be beneficial in a practice setting, but not realistic in a race. Way too much going on at a frantic pace to provide any useful information to the driver. Additionally, this may deter their ability to grow their on track skills if they are relying on external feedback/information instead of reacting on their own to what is happening on track.

Baofengs work pretty good. It’s what I inherited with SIRA Karting. They’re cheap and good enough quality.

I believe all pro level karting doesnt allow communication during race weekend. But on normal practice day you can use like a walkie talkie.