Surprise Forum stats for October

Thank you all in here , iv learned so much about karting all this years in that forum and i v always got a lot of help when i needed .

And that feeling as the liverpool fans sing " you never walk alone " its that something kartpulse has and other s dont .

2 Likes

This is great to hear! Do you have any goals for future growth/development of the forums? KP sponsored driver(s)?? :grin:

1 Like

Oooh. Too many good drivers to pick. That would be cool.

Let’s do the Kartpulse Kup. A championship.

1 Like

Ideas and goals for sure. But very little time to implement unfortunately.

On sponsorship, there’s not much to go around. Ad revenue (google ads for non signed in visits) is about $125/mo :laughing:. After hosting costs that leaves a little more than $75/mo.

Sponsorships are something I’d like to pursue. But it’s hard to justify the time investment.

Business directory and apparel are others. I have a sheet of about 100 “shitty shirt ideas” that would probably work well with a good marketing campaign.

So if anyone one wants to execute on those for a healthy cut… drop me a line.

1 Like

I’m tempted to try to help but I’m not sure how productive I could be and I’ll keep getting distracted by all the other posts. But, I can try.

It is the karting world that should be thanking you. I don’t see how anyone could look at KP as anything less than a completely free (and friendly) Mark Donahuesk “Unfair Advantage”.

There are so many smart, dedicated, and helpful people on KP sharing everything from detailed procedures to insights like:

If what TJ said is true (it is), then this is also true

KP is worth months or years.
(of accelerated progress up the karting learning curve).

Get online accordingly. :grin:

5 Likes

Does KP have any sort of brand “tagline” that has spoken to you? I’m just thinking if people are seeing the logo for the first time, how do we make them take the plunge of googling?

“KartPulse- it’s better than AI” :joy:

Seems like a task for @Bimodal_Rocket

Well if that were true would I be able to write this message? I doubt it, so thumbs up to you. Give yourself some credit.

I have a good one (tagline):
KartPulse, where…

5 Likes

“KartPulse - where AI means Actual Intelligence” :grin:

1 Like

There’s been a couple, get your heart racing was one. Very generic though.

More recently Karting Enthusiast Network (ie EKN backwards, allbeit unintended)

Another one which is the meta tag right now is Karting’s Community Hub.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure its because you host my karting calendar post…looool

2 Likes

This should be on every karting T shirt in every paddock.

8 Likes

Yep! That’s a t-shirt for sure… with the KartPulse logo added in a graphically pleasing way.

Your assignment, @Bimodal_Rocket , should you choose to accept it… :grin:

Appreciate that but it’s gotta be Oktane Visual

Happy to try… what are my marching orders?

TJ wisdom + Oktane?

Yes with a KartPulse logo too. I will immediately buy 5 of them for our whole garage.

1 Like

ok ill see what i can do

The karting community as a whole has utterly and completely killed its reach and ability to be found online by abandoning the operation of individual websites/forums and joining Facebook. Very few involved seem to understand the significance of the following statement - Facebook posts/comments are not indexed by search engines (which is bad enough), but the content there cannot be easily found even within Facebook itself (Facebook search being hopelessly broken):

Please consider this conversation about these subjects from my post on another motorsports forum:

Thanks hoser, this is the perfect conversation to illustrate my point. That you have decided not to take part in Facebook is actually a great help in this regard:

I believe you carry (an understandable) assumption that is essentially, ‘Well, Facebook is the preeminent site everyone has gone to, they left places like this so therefore it must have some things going for it, and certainly something like being able to search the content would be an afterthought.’

Unfortunately, this IS COMPLETELY WRONG. :-)

Just look at the results from the link you gave site:facebook.com 'fl400' at DuckDuckGo. All of the results are either “Group” homepages, profile pages of companies, or “Marketplace” ads. None of the search results from this link include any of the actual content from the groups themselves (e.g., individual posts).

“Well, this must be because the search for “FL400” is such a general search that, of course, nothing but very general results will be listed”
So, what happens if we make the search more specific: “fl400 drill piston” - https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site%3Afacebo … fab&ia=web - what results come back for that? Absolute *shit, with nothing relevant to the subject at all, and more specifically NO GROUP POSTS (again the individual content people are posting).

You’re not missing anything, there is nothing that anyone is “missing”. Facebook does not allow indexing of individual content (by using robot.txt files and other means) and does not not even provide a remotely useful search function of its own content. As I keep saying, after a post goes off the front page of a group it is all but disappeared for future use/discovery.

Why is this happening? Because Facebook has somehow calculated that it is in their interest to direct attention/eyeballs/clicks in other ways. imho, the bigger question is why have so many motorsports enthusiasts mindlessly gone along with this and not realized at some point that their content is being flushed down the toilet along with it’s/their chances of being ‘found’.

4 Likes

totally agree. Also, even if you fix the indexing/search criteria, FB and socials are dispersed in a ton of pages and groups, so it all gets diluted. To make matters worse, anybody feels compelled to add their own opinion, even when they have no clue at all about karting. A forum somehow has its own way to balance things, if anything just the extra effort required to register tends to reduce that noise. Human moderators also play a big a part in it

2 Likes