The Official Kart Crash Video Thread . .

Just when I think I’ve seen some stuff, video’s like this emerge, and you just sit back in awe while also leaving with a new level of respect for open wheel racing (in any form).

Post you crash video’s here . . .

3 Likes

I’ve been lucky enough to only have 1 wreck that’s even remotely bad, I hit a barrier sideways at 40 and was tilted about 30°
The barrier was three links and empty so it just got punted 100 feet

Oh this is a good idea. Everyone loves a kart krash (when no one gets hurt).

We should also put Xanders pros in here when they krash. Looking at a certain team. :wink:

Well it’s been a year so I thought I’d take a moment to remind all you karters that we have a spot for your crashes and other assorted misfortunes. Here it is!

I don’t have much to offer, being highly skilled in the ninja arts and never crashing, but here’s one to get us going. It’s not much, but it’s honest work.

After a brilliant first lap, Nick overcooks T1 braking and runs wide. It’s a cutback, so I keep the inside clear for him, give him some room to recover. I forgot about the mob of angry reprobates behind us and get swallowed by the pack, hot on our tail.

In an ill-advised attempt to hold position, I send it down the inside to the apex, but did not quite make it there in time. No one taking a more traditional line felt like cedeing the corner to me, and I was informed of this with the nose of their karts as our vectors vectored.

Fortunately a swift kick to the behind from Alec, as he passed (or got entangled, depends on how you look at it), pointed me in the right direction. I put my nose down and soldiered on, looking for my son, whom I found again. We had a good race. Then we went to Cava with Alec.

I feel like this is an advertisement for not running those metal rear bumpers! I’ve never see so many up and over tangles than this.

Don, Nice thread!!!

1 Like

Some of those tag wrecks are gnarly. I wonder what having a 360 pound kart and driver coming to rest your helmet feels like.

I don’t have any video but I went off track at the Silverstone kart GP in the late 80’s at about 135mph due to a brake issue. Luckily quite a big grass run off but still scary. On the track at 130 odd doesn’t seem fast but as soon as you hit the grass and spin in a different direction it soon gets your attention. Not to put a downer on the thread but I witnessed two fatalities during my karting career, these were both at long circuit (road course) events in the UK.

1 Like

That’s got to be hard to process. I can’t imagine. They day I quit TAG racing was a shitshow where one of the fellows was sent to the hospital amongst other things. Its hard enough seeing someone get sent to the hospital stupidly.

2 Likes