Torque specs or service manuals?

I’ve been trying to track down any sort of technical service manuals for my '05 TK Krypton with no luck. I have a manual for the engine so in particular, I’m looking for chassis torque specs. I know there are general guidelines for fasteners based on grade, thread pitch and diameter, and the material of the structures the fastener is holding together, but I’m hoping for something akin to a factory service manual for a car.

1 Like

I’ve yet to find this for a chassis, although it’s possible I have missed one. You would think that such a requirement would be a thing now.

Several engines do have such manuals including, but not limited to IAME X30, Rotax, PRD and Vortex.

1 Like

That’s a bummer. Well, general torque specs it is, then. I have a CR125 engine, so pretty much every dirt bike forum out there has info. I do have a factory service manual for the bike it came from that covers every possible job from changing the plug to a major tear down.

1 Like

In karting, I see a lot of over tightening of fasteners. I also see a lot of worn fasteners that should be replaced but are not.