Track/Club News heading in 2024

A few tidbits while compiling the national sprint kart calendar:

1. Talladega Gran Prix had its first action since I started 2 years ago, a track day a few weeks ago hosted by Karting the Coast
  2. Los Angeles Karting Championship lost its home track at Autoclub Speedway
  3. Action Karting at Bandimere Raceway closed its doors because the drag strip sold and closed in Morrison, CO
  4. Norwalk Karting made a comeback in late 2023
  5. There are 2 tracks that host 2 separate club series, K1 Circuit in Cali and East Lansing Kart Track in Mich. (K1 might lose one this season)
  6. TNT Kartways has announced that a land deal could close the track this year.
  7. Rebel Raceway in MS continues to be a low-key off grid track with the least amount of online presence
  8. Long Island Karting was discovered this off-season by me and added
  9. Indian Valley Kart Club in New Philadelphia, OH disappeared from the internet, and presumed disbanded.
  10. Ohio Motorsports Park continues to be a mystery with no progress updates
  11. After being a hot topic for regional kart racing in 2023, Carolina Motorsports Park has all but left the karting scene for 2024
  12. 2 Houston area clubs have created a joint club season for 2024, Gulf Coast Karters and Speedsportz
  13. Only two tracks schedule club races Monday through Thursdays, Vermont Shifter Karts on Wednesdays and Road America Karting Club on Tuesdays.
1 Like

If this is the club in Connecticut, they’ve always ran their season in two parts: Before Memorial Day and after Labor Day

I think they had a slow recovery from Covid and then a repave/construction shut them down at their parking lot for some time. Good info to have on the split schedule, probably because of the beach season in the summer. They definitely win for the closest track to the beach lol