Track list: how many places have you been?

Every one I can. Still gotta make Quincy before I get too old and scared. Street racing is the great equalizer. Little room for error, no one who has been there practicing all week, run rain or shine, and many other things that make it great.

I’m not from IL, but there is a TON of karting in the midwest. Living in Southern Indiana, there is no shortage of love for racing. Where else do you have 3 tracks that average 20-25ish per 206 Senior/Heavy class on a normal club weekend all within 1.5 hours?

1 Like

There used to be three strong regional sprint karting series here in the Midwest not too long ago. You had Midwest Sprint Series, Route 66 Sprint Series, and the Great Lakes Sprint Series. All with good turnout, strong competition, and lots of fun. Not to mention all the one-off events like Rock Island, Quincy, or even the Elkhart Grand Prix. There were times when we’d visit New Castle like five or six times in one year, just by running the regional series.

The Midwest is a great spot for karting.

1 Like

Not bad for a newer guy. I bet 5 years hence you will be very well traveled!

Pats Acres - Canby, Or
MAC Track - McMinnville, Or
Tri-City Kart Club - Richland, Wa
Greg Moore Raceway - Chilliwack, BC, Canada
SIMA, Sumas, Wa
Mountain Highway Raceway - Spanaway, Wa
Medford Kart Track - White City, Or
Prairie City Kart Track - Rancho Cordova, CA
Monterey Bay Karters - Marina, Ca
Buttonwillow Raceway Kart Track - Buttonwillow, Ca
Willow Springs Kart Track - Rosamond, Ca
Calspeed - Fontana, Ca
COTA karting - Austin, Tx
SKUSA Supernats (Westgate) - Las Vegas, NV

Yeah, we’ll see what we can get to. Not sure if we’ll make HOT in Waco since it is a really short track, and she’d probably be in the sub 30 seconds for lap times, she likes the longer tracks.

PNW represents!

1 Like

You all need to come do some street racing… Rock Island, Sept. 3-4, 2022. 2 cycle, Briggs, shifters and vintage classes. Arrive and drive opportunities too. web: racerockisland.info

2 Likes