[Video + Discussion] KZ FIA World Karting Championship 2020

anyone have details on the actual on-track incident?

Fore’s perspective running as a privateer… vs when he was racing with works teams.

All I’ve seen so far is a shot of Luca in the barriers.

For balance…

Congrats to Jeremy Iglesias on being the first French CIK\FIA Gearbox\Shifter world champion

1 Like

The gearbox final in full (doesn’t show the ‘racing incident’) :

He absolutely is removed from the Tony kart factory team .
But I think he is to harsh on himself,and I hope that when everything cools down
he will change his mind.The action in parc -ferme not smart,but in a way understandable,the action with the front bumper was crazy,but at the end he did not run another driver on purpose off the track,in my opinion more dangerous and believe me I have seen scary things,and they got away with it.

Josh Revell did a video that gave me a little chuckle, but also un-intentionally, it shows the press that karting gets during drama like this.

But honestly, at least Josh gets the facts generally right.

Yeah I thought it was pretty decent. Nice reference to Sera.

1 Like

The feels:

Well this statement from Tony Kart is baffling.

Is it just me or would a simple, “we have terminated our relationship with X due to the events at Lonato” would have been sufficient.

3 Likes

Is he really? Or is he just suspended for a period of time to let things cool off? Luca is the only I have seen make a statement so far as to Leave Motorsport. Everyone else just says something about “not letting the events be ignored”. All racers have passion, or they wouldn’t have the desire to win. I guess its how we deal with the bad situations that defines us. I am sure Luca’s dad will have a hand in whatever the final outcome will be. I cannot see generations of a karting family coming to an end over some bad decisions. Where there is Money, there is Influence.

I am not sure Luca is really an ‘OTK Driver’ in the sense of we got with the likes of Ardigo etc… Luca spends most of his time running the track and KFA100. I don’t know the exact details, and he does have a close relationship with TonyKart, but its not really a matter of ‘removing from factory team’.

Well Luca isn’t a paid driver. He’s a high-profile customer. So, you can’t really fire him.

So why are they commenting? Man that’s confusing.

because it’s the world championship and he was listed as a TonyKart driver. Like they can’t not say something

1 Like

Because Luca is representing TonyKart at the World Championships. He’s just not an employee.

Yeesh. So someone who pays a team to rent is a team driver that represents the manufacturer? In which case I guess it makes sense for them to comment.

I mean he’s wearing a Tony Kart suit and half this thread (and the internet) is asking if Tony Kart is firing him, so Tony Kart obviously needs to release a statement of some kind.

If you kicked some kid’s ass in the scale line and the video went viral, Spitfire might have to release some kind of statement to say they have no connection to you even though you’ve got their logo on while you’re committing battery to a minor.

1 Like