[Video + Discussion] KZ FIA World Karting Championship 2020

I think we’d have quite a fruitful yield aiming ourselves at bikers, especially those fed up with injuries.

1 Like

This is how I was reading it, you can drive something as bad ass as an indy car or v8 super car for a fraction of the cost.

talking about FIA promotion of karting

1 Like

That’s actually a thing.

MXA WRECKING CREW GOES KARTING

Will Musgrave was a pro MXer & tester @ MXA, & now runs a full-on kart business & race team. I’ve actually spoken to him (over the phone), & he’s a super nice guy, & a definite asset to karting.

Yeah, it’s definitely a thing.

I think karting is more closely related to bikes than car racing, especially since 90% of our engines are derived from bikes anyway. There’s a lot of cross over linguistically too as well as physicality (tho tbh MXers are still in different league there)

I agree. I was thinking of my statement as a retort when someone asks about it being a stepping stone. followed up with Its Fun, Its Affordable and Safer that MX.

I have met a few former MX families at the track. When asked why they switched, the majority were worried about the higher risk of injury for their kids.

Truth is, Karting is physically hard, but most sports are. It requires physical as well as mental development. Ask any athlete if what they do is Easy. It just means you get out of it, what you put into it. Just need to put it in the context.

A photo I came across that speaks to this most important aspect of what we love…