Vortex RV-RVS engine compatibility

I have a vortex engine looking to find out what model it is. I initially thought it had the rok shifter engine but after a closer look, it looks like an old RV-RVS

I’ve seen this happen a few times, including folks selling them as RoK engines and pretending to not know any better when called out😮

That said, still a great engine. I loved mine, super revvy and fun to drive.

I’m sure there’s someone out there, but I can’t think of anyone offhand in the US that has spares.

I’ve had good luck with older Vortex parts with Martijn Koene in Holland. You can try the website at www.koene.com, failing that shoot them an email with what you need. They may even be able to give some info on parts that interchange between the RVS and RoK.

I can see how someone makes the honest mistake if they don’t know what they have! Thanks for help!

1 Like

For anyone who may be looking for the same info as I am, Mr. Koene was able to help and sent a PDF of the engine diagram with part numbers. It looks like it’s mostly just the gears that have changed. RVS RVX and RVXX (old ICC engines) pistons are all compatible.

2 Likes

Found the homologation doc for the RVS today…

Vortex RVS Homologation.PDF (679.2 KB)

Along with a gearcalc sheet

Vortex RVS GearMaster.xls (32.5 KB)