Wash rain suit in regular clothes washer?

Anyone done this? How did it turn out? Anything specific you did?

I just throw mine in with a little detergent and wash it with cold water quick and let it air dry.

1 Like

What type of suit are you wanting to wash? I would think the plastic “raincoat” style would not do well in the washer. If its like a nylon shell type probably would be fine on a gentle cycle but you may want to treat it with waterproof spray after washing. Are there washing instructions inside somewhere?

Omp rain suit.

https://www.ompamerica.com/en_us/rain-k-suit-my2020-adulto-79100.html

There are no instructions on the care.

Scrub with soap and water, rinse with water, hang to dry.

This may sound weird, but wear it in the shower to clean it. You will probably need stronger detergent than a bar of dial soap and you may not want to use your regular wash cloth, but it would probably be the easiest way to clean it…unless its dirty inside, then I don’t know.

Then turn it inside out and put it back on!

When you say rinse I hear wearing the suit while I drive through the lawn sprinkler.

I did hand wash it the first time with a couple of drops dish washing soap and the sink drain plugged but it was a bit of a pain.

I add nothing useful to this discussion

I just hang mine outside foam it down with some “chicken spray” brush and rinse
SmartSelect_20240320_073050_Google
Its something they use alot alot in italy

1 Like

Thank you for all the feedback.

I went ahead and washed it in our clothes washer on the delicate cycle, at medium speed, medium soil level. I used half a teaspoon of laundry detergent.

It came out clean. I hung it on a clothes hanger to dry. First the way I wear it. When the outside was dry, I turned it inside out and let it dry.

It seems to have be clean. I’ll follow this process in the future.

Our clothes washer has a cleaning cycle. I went ahead and ran that. You are supposed to run this every 30 cycles.

1 Like