Washing helmet

On my arai they sort of pop/twist out.

1 Like

I bet a UV resistant wrap exists for cars that could be used in helmet.

1 Like

For sure, but still the UV-resistance of permanent marker ink is so poor, so no matter how much you protect it you do risk it fading. Putting vinyl over it will slow that but a helmet takes a ton of direct sunlight for hours at a time so in terms of UV it takes a beating.

Paint clearcoats have UV-resistance too, and even with layers and layers of clear, some things will still fade.

2 Likes

In the category of solutions you did not ask for:

Turns out they make UV resistant permanent markers. Perhaps drop one of these in your go-bag when you are hobnobbing with famous racecar drivers, old dudes, and royals.

2 Likes

:rofl: aight bet imma think of that next time

A paint marker would be better :wink:

Back in my artsy days inwould use silver pen to caption b+w photographs. That would look cool on a helmet. They are “paint” pens, like you describe.

I have soe posca waterbased acrylic markers???

Sounds like water based = not permanent enough

Posca will wipe off if you clean the helmet. It’s water-based so anything water based will dissolve it. And any strong cleaner will smear it as well.

You want oil-based paint markers for most permanence, but even that could be wiped off or flake off. If you’re going to get signatures on your helmet, your best bet is really to not go ahead and race with that helmet after it’s signed.

Silver Sharpies as pictured are ink just like the black ones, not paint. Sharpie makes paint pens though too. A paint pen usually requires you to shake it up and blot it to start the paint flow.

My bad. The old ones I used were the shake-it and send it kind. They smelled strongly, too.

Whoa Nelly, $114 for this kind

Mike, you should ignore everything I say because racing is expensive enough as it is.

1 Like

Mike: Dad, I need a new helmet.

Dad: but you have a nice helmet.

Mike: but dad, the prince signed it in non-permanent marker so I have to retire it.

Dad: pound sand, son.

Laughing my ass of​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Or i just go meet the prince next year or the next karting championchip🤣

True that. I guess your monarchs are a bit more accessible than most. It’s nice to see he’s not into some posh nonsense like polo. Horses dont really like to swim.