We went racing, Bono

First kart was solid. I saw us crack the top 6, didn’t realize we were in third at one point. Second kart was a second a lap slower. Murdered on the straights.
I think getting spun lost us a little bit, but most of the loss was the second kart. 150 laps at 1 second slower really adds up. Not much we could’ve done.
It makes sense that that was the problem, because I’m the other two karts I was able to battle with the top 3 for multiple laps at a time

Take your time, no rush
It was painful to be passed everywhere. I knew it was crap the second I got in it. What sucks is we would’ve gotten a different kart if the guy in front of me didn’t take the last kart swap spot
At least we have an excuse

I can already imagine the clip names
“Elias gets angry”
“Elias remembers he has a wrap around bumper”
“Elias thanks flagger for not giving him a black flag”
Jokes aside I think I raced pretty fairly

2 Likes

As did I but I had to get elbows out twice. All good.

Aha. I was wondering about that lap on race hero. That makes sense.

Yeah. The Sodis will do low 43 at best I think, with a hot kart. With Chris fleet, the hottest lap was high 41. Our best laps and most folks ran primarily 42.X on low side.

Interestingly they weren’t much faster down straight into T1.

I think I was able to maybe hit 50-51 with low speed of 32 (perfect one).

Ideal Sodi lap would be like 49 and 30 low.
Seems like the main difference was mid-top end pull.

I did a 42.3 you did a 42.2. Top three would consistently run 42.5 and 41.9 seemed to be the limit, as several drivers reached it.
I have no clue how that kid did the race solo and supposedly felt nothing

I think being skinny makes it harder, as you aren’t held in your seat, and have to use your back and abs to stay upright

What did we hit for top speed?

Weight of the karts, gearing, tires and even just plain better steering geometry could be at play too.

1 Like

Yup, look at race hero. We held third for about 5-10 laps. Our happy place was mainly 4. Sadly we got crushed on kart change.

I reviewed heat 4 last night, so many people passed me: we lost minimally 6 spots in my h4 alone. I elaborated in description of vid.

H5 was a snooze fest other than one faster kart passing me. H6 was also tame (but I ran short stint). Then I pitted for fuel.

Not sure yet. I saw a bunch of 50mph peak but I bet theees a 51 somewhere. What’s stands out is mid corner low speed was consistently 2 mph higher. 30-32 as opposed to 28-30.

Also noticeable was higher exit speed from 5

Scratch that, I’m making my long awaited return to club racing this Saturday in 206 sr!
Any advice on driving with 6” rears instead of 7”?

Well you can take 1 inch less of track? :grinning:

1 Like

@E13 First three of your sessions are up. I like the chin cam.

I was watching my 7th session and am annoyed by one bit of dirty. Dude went under me and I battled him back. Then I run D through traffic for ten or so laps and I gets the punt. Oh well. I’m guessing intentional because he didn’t acknowledge. Chased but eventually had to pit.

Last session I am dragging in the early laps, so tired that im doing 43.1. Eventually I get some wind in my sails but it is amazing how fatigue slows you down.

Rest to follow

1 Like

I talked about dino kart here in France/Belgium. The only feedback I got was “Trash” :frowning_face:

That’s a bit harsh. Personally I like the new Sodis a bit better but these are nice too. They are light and drive well.

The issue was the metal bumper that doesn’t damper the bumps between kart well enough, weakening and bending the frame very fast.

Yah I can see that but Chris’s karts are pretty light compared to a similar rimo I think. The modern Sodi system is probably more expensive?

Nice run in H1. You get a bit stuck behind 911 and open your flank into 2 which allows challengers behind you under. Ultimately, you get past 911 as 55 makes a hole.

Coming soon, H2

1 Like

Not so much compared to the Sodi Sport tbf.

Probably, but they can endure 3 to 6 years of abuse if well maintained