We went racing, Bono

Personally I woulda let my kart push 007 into/through t4 but it was kind of you to feather the throttle. Very polite, but favor not returned by the other 2 you were dueling with!

The battle continues, though,

Then, for two laps you chase and close on 98 with 69 banging away at your heiny. You absolutely nail t5 repeatedly imho.

Continues with a few laps of chasing edited out:

@E13 Great Job!!! :100:

Also, it occurs to me re: mysterious signaling of 98 earlier… it’s entirely possible they had comms and he was pointing out stuff to someone in pit lane. Either that or he pulled an Elias and was having a conversation with himself. The very first thing you did emerging from pit in h1 was start talking to yourself though I could not make it out.

I believe he did have comms, he had some sort of attachment on his helmet.
I’ll do the generic “fck, sht” pretty often, and an occasional groan.
I also said something along the lines of “oh god it’s a piece of sh*t” the second I hit the straight in kart #2.

We held pace with the 888 kart who ended up getting 2nd overall, which is nice to think about but also sucks because of the “what could’ve been” with a different kart.

I originally thought he was trying to point to apexes for me but I was pretty confident my apexes weren’t bad enough for my competitor to take their time to point them out to me

I went into the race thinking t1 was going to be the best passing opportunity, but it turned out that it was my least favorite. Way too sketchy, especially with people taking tons of different lines. And than you add in a kart coming in from the pits and you’ve got yourself a recipe for disaster.

I’m pretty proud of how I did, I stuck with the top guys for a bit, and my best lap was .3 off the best lap overall. I got pretty good at threshold braking, something I’ve always been nervous about.

@Bimodal_Rocket, what happened to our pit strategy?? We did normal stints, than we started doing short stints, than we did a bunch of long stints

Funny you should ask…:grinning:

So what happened is I had made the spreadsheet assuming an 11am start but we actually started at 11:35.

So, I started updating the spreadsheet and then forgot about it, that i had not updated the later sessions. So I was trying to figure out how our times were off. So. I messed with our session times, figuring that we needed to make sure we had 15 stops and figured we could do a couple longer ones at end.

Since you are younger than me I assumed you were more physically capable to endure some longer stints so I ran a couple shorter ones, giving you extra time. Then I realized what happened.

So yeah. Also our fueling fiasco didn’t help.

Nice driving btw. Your t5 was excellent, in particular.

T1 really is tough to pass well in. Big send opens inside on exit. The pass that 98 did to 67 was extremely pretty, I thought. A simple well executed no-drama scootch. It’s in the footage above. I’ll need to study that.

But yeah, I don’t think it’s a stretch to say with a good kart we coulda podiumed. We held p3 for 8 laps and then switched karts and it was game over for our racing dreams. Down to 15 we went. Kart 3 we made spots back but it wasn’t enough. Watching my footage from the crap kart it was painful to see everyone walking us between 1-2. I did try to defend as hard as I could but it was to no avail.

Such is rental racing.

Aha! I posted your session 4 correctly and now am finding exciting new content: @E13

I was really hoping that footage had gotten corrupted…
Totally my bad. Locked up and missed the apex by a country mile. Should’ve gotten a penalty.

1 Like

Hehe. No black flag for you. Racing gods had their attention distracted I guess.

To be fair it was gonna get weird because guy ahead seemed to be signaling to other driver and confusion reigned.

It was definitely my hand raise that instantly made up for me spinning him out that got me a free pass

1 Like

Acknowledging one’s sins on-track seems to be a good idea with generally positive outcomes.

I try to post all of my punts on YouTube with an apology. I also have forced myself to not use YouTube as a way to get even at folks who do me dirty because you can’t be sure there’s malice intended. Racing gets weird.