(Weekly) KartPulse Racer Videos Thread

Short oval racing. Very popular in the states. What else you wanna know?

It’s indoor “coke syrup” racing.

So like nascar but gokart?

1 Like

Yes. Oval karting is pretty popular in areas of the United States

If I am not mistaken… the Danger Dorito was triumphant at short track indoor.

1 Like
2 Likes

I really strongly recommend trying short track in sim. And medium tracks.

Superspeedway is a different animal.

Iracing.

Ovals are incredible driving and racing, and I thought it was dumb until I did it.

Well its not a go pro video or something of quality ,
And this is the only place that you can see the others racing and still got one eye on your stuff in the paddocks .

But  We can still smell the fun !!
2 Likes

Nice sound and the karts are quick!

I don’t get the response… they cross S/F and the guy doesn’t cover the first apex and gets a nose under him. Problems follow.

Seems like he is upset he didn’t defend properly and went ham.

I enjoy oval driving a lot. But when it comes to karting the full course cautions make it a hard pass for me. It seems like at times you get about 40% of laps under green and race against a small grid.

Each to their own, I’d love to race roundy roundy, but the yellow flags would drive me nuts.

2 Likes

This guy subbed and I went to check out his stuff… I love it.

Here’s a couple dirt sprint tracks. Karting’s soul is alive and kicking in Argentina . Shifter (maybe 4-stroke?).

Those 4T shifters with the non steering column shifter are popular in SA. They look like FUN!

hell yeah . looks real good !!!

I’m playing around with using mychron telemetry overlays onto my GoPro videos. I went back and edited a race from last season and I’m loving the telemetry!

No only is it more entertaining to watch, it also has helped me learn from my race footage. With the dynamic laptimer right there in the video, I can easily determine if the lap I’m watching was fast or not. Additionally, I’ve found it super helpful to be able to pause the footage at say, the apex of a corner and look at the corner speed, RPMs and g-forces. It is really a game changer for my data analysis and much less expensive than a Smartycam!

Let me know what you guys think!

1 Like

What program are you using to do this?
I had to give up on racerender because of a glitch I couldn’t resolve.

In rentals I’d use the GoPro telemetry and eventually that got borked. Now that I’m using hero12, they don’t have telemetry anymore, anyways.

But yeah I found it very helpful. It was particularily useful to me being able to see min/max speed through a corner. You could see if your approach yielded fruit.

Iracing car stuff was really good, I didn’t experience much restarts in the 30-60 lap races we’d do in USF2000.

“Telemetry Overlay” is the program. It is maintained by a very active developer who posts detailed videos on youtube explaining how to use the program. So far, I am very impressed with it. It can handle the telemetry files from basically every type of data logger, wearable, GPS app and camera.

A bit more expensive than Racerender but feels more modern and works on my M1 Macbook Pro very well. What is super cool about Telemetry Overlay is that you can configure all the gauges on the video and then export just the gauges as a “transparent video”. That allows you to then import the gauges independent from the video into another video editor such as Davinci Resolve to do the final cutting and editing. That is how I was able to fade in the gauges after the start of the video.

I want to figure out how to have positions included but I can only imagine that has to be done manually. Doable but time consuming.

1 Like

Nice driving, this is a cool track too. Never heard of a standing start in an LO206!

Thanks! It is a super fun track and can be ran in both directions with 4 different layouts!

The standing start thing is unique for sure. For whatever reason, here in the PNW 4-stroke classes have standing starts. I’ve heard it is to reduce turn one incidents as generally the drivers in these classes are newer. Standing start means far less speed going into T1 than rolling. Not sure if that is officially why they do it, but just what I heard.