(Weekly) KartPulse Racer Videos Thread

I was wondering when skin tight suits might become a thing……

Rebel Scum idea re skin tight suits:

Rebel scum racing is open to make complete asses of themselves if someone would like to sponsor us for team suits. We range from unpleasantly skinny to moderately rotund (with the exception of our young drivers who still have bodies they care about). We would look like a bunch of purple and yellow oompaloompas.

But, I guarantee you we’d be pretty damn quick. I can’t speak for Marc tho, since he pays his way and presumably has a reputation to uphold. And I can’t speak for our combat friar, Nik, who may have more self respect than the team principal.

Ok well, I’ll do it, at least.

7 posts were split to a new topic: Karting 1 Feature - Dual Engine OK Kart By Glenn Guest

The trend I have seen of late is roll bars and belts indoors. I have been at a few facilities now that this is the case. With the electrics, it makes sense, they can push big loads, easy. The belts are great with the inevitable sudden impact crashes.

You have a point! I have only seen one electric upside down. This may be a case of looking good for insurers as opposed to usefulness.

I do like the two point car style seat belt though. It isn’t a harness and tightens like a car one does when impacts forwards.

Imagine a kart rides up the nassau, and you can’t move. Could take your head off. Absolute HATE these roll bars with belts. You need full roll cages if you’re to have those. Recipe for disaster.

Decided to have a go and try the karting track of Spa today !

Got scolded because I climb the kerbs in the last chiken :frowning:

2 Likes

Nice looking lap… so they don’t want you playing chicken with the chicanes? What are they, fans of Slow?

They were like : “It damages the kart”

Bros never experienced the corkscrew at OVRP

1 Like

Mais Monsieur, I am here to set zee track record! Sacrebleu!

Now I know why all the euro tracks are flat. They are worried about ze spindles.

Your relative pace was high compared to the patrons. They should realize that they have a “bolide” on their hands.

Spa has a 17meters elevation changes. Not AMP, true, but not bad at all. Combined with banked and off camber turns, it is pretty fun. 13hp is not enough power though.
I would love to see some 4 stroke rentals at 18-20hp, but the honda is so prevalent nobody wants to change

Well it sure is a subtle 17 meters! In video it looks flat like La Belgique. It does look nice and technical tho. Kart seems good.

Or the braking zone EOS

Speaking of which 6hr is on May 11 and we will be racing with British Tanguy aka Marc.

Mariembourg is a lot flatter. You can check on the video the elevation. Mariembourg is 2 meters LOL

Oh that’s so cute…

In heat 3 they put a cone on your chicane apex.

I hope you launched it.

I did, obviously :grin:

5:13

Le “allez vous faire foutre” kerb kiss :kissing_heart:

IMG_5471

Paid for full track.
Uses it.

Maybe it’s because its in video, but that kerb hit looked very mild?

It is mild but they were worried about the underfloor, especially now that the karts are new

1 Like

This is not me, but it’s important that everyone watch this immediately :drooling_face: :drooling_face: :drooling_face:

5 Likes