(Weekly) KartPulse Racer Videos Thread

The only thing I can think of is the kart behind making contact with rear wheel and zing. Otherwise it looks like a random send that makes no sense.

Possibly a mechanical failure? Something like a tie rod breaking or coming unscrewed? Or a puncture I wonder? Iā€™ve seen a similar harsh jaunt like this when someoneā€™s wheel came loose and sheered the studs off. Hard to tell, but it looks crazy that is for sure!

I hsve check and found an official announcement from the pick organization. They said the cause for loose control of the kart was a colusion touch with the kart that was behind him , that is the official word

Speaking of crashesā€¦

Hereā€™s a driving test gone sideways. It get progressively worse and I can just imagine the driver getting further and further demoralized by the cascading little mistakes. Eventually the cup runneth over completely and he/she just floors it and kills the car and whatever shot at a license they had (that day).

https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/comments/144dvdp/she_wont_get_her_license_today/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1

I wonder if any of you coach types have come across this level of coming unglued by a student.

1 Like

I agree, Jeff!

The driving test footage reminds me of taking my niece to RPM. She exited the pits the wrong way and started into the track contra-traffic.

Oooopsies.

1 Like

I wag my finger disapprovingly

But then again formula vee in suburbia is pretty cool. Dammit, Ethan.

ā€œHoney, thereā€™s a race car in the cul-de-sac.ā€

HRKC Friday night
https://fb.watch/l4iYMdPNsw/

Just had our first dry race of the season here at Pitt Race Kart Series. 43 Entries in 206 Sr! Had a carb issue so I started my day 28th charged to 6th place after penalties. Hereā€™s my final from 18th.

Iā€™m on a 2022 Redspeed rx rr chassis

*volume is low so you might have to turn it up for sound

1 Like

Nice! 22 passes is a good day.

1 Like

Fun fact the top 3 all started their day from the back of the field. Truly a rare day

2 Likes

Here is video from the final race of Round 2 of the Patā€™s Acres Super Series rental league. I tried to do a voiceover commentary over the video for the first time. Hopefully it isnt too corny or anything haha! I really enjoy watching videos with commentary like Norberg and Illegal Alien do on their channels so I figured I would give it a try.

Had a good evening racing and ended up on the podium in P3 at the end of the night!

ā€œIt seems that my kart is pretty good. Itā€™s turning both to the left AND right. So thatā€™s good.ā€ (Rental racing summarized).

:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

2:38 that seems like too much of an inside line for D. You are almost wheels on grass to inside and will have no radius for approaching turn. Sorta right before turn you move back sorta middle. seems like a lot of moving around just to have him come right back. (Edit: apparently you were three wide which would explain it).

The shade has you guys screeching through these turns. It (the shade) does make a difference. I blame all the trees. Noticeable front end push through carousel.

Driving looks good as does pace. Kart seems happy. My instinct tells me the sustained tire noises corner entry-exit are indicative of potentially more speed. Seems like the little bit of understeery push could maybe be avoided and perhaps slightly better efficiency?

This makes it sound like Iā€™m being critical. Iā€™m not, it was a very nice drive! Just wondering aloud.

The pass on p2 at the carousel? is interesting. You have to back it up a touch to go under him and seem to have the same speed as when you send it harder and louder.

10:30 ā€œComing up on lapped trafficā€ā€¦ the lapper literally drives off into the barrier as you guys approached.

Nice race! Pats acres really is cute as a button.

I almost got seasick from the head turningā€¦ :sweat_smile: I counted between 6-14 times turning back per lap. Iā€™d focus on not doing that so much if you can.

2:38 - Yeah what you donā€™t see is that the kart behind me was against my rear bumper down the front straight. I was just trying to stay in front of them and force them to try to go to the outside if they wanted to try to pass. Generally I feel pretty comfortable taking turns one and two from both the inside line and outside line. Because of the banking, you can enter pretty narrow and not mess up your momentum too bad. On that particular lap, I was being pushed and so I had a bit too much speed and drifted wide which is why the other kart came up my inside out of T2. That said, I do hear you that I donā€™t need to be fully on the edge of the track. 3/4 of a kart width away from the edge is good enough to defend the inside and would not compromise my corner as much. Good tip!

As for the screeching, to be brutally honest, the karts and their tires are absolutely trash right now. Its pretty sad to see the state of disrepair the karts are in this year. Some of the karts are either so bent up or out of alignment that when turning, the fronts just scrub and the kart just understeers. A few people had their kart die on the formation lap causing red flags. P2 on the grid noticed his front right tire was flat while we were getting ready on the grid, resulting in an on-track replacement of the wheel by the staffā€¦ On and on. The brakes on most of the karts are terrible as well. So, sometimes I find it is better to send it a bit too fast instead of hoping your kartā€™s brakes work and are not just going to lock. But you are right, there is time out there to gain for sure!

What do you mean about the pass on P2 at carousel? Carousel is the swoopy right hander but I believe you are talking about the over/under move I did on the final corner (left)? If that is the one, Iā€™ve found it basically impossible to pass on the outside through that corner. There is very little grip high on the track and the barriers are very close to the edge there on the exit. I would of course prefer to have been on his inside but he kept sitting on the inside line coming out of the carousel so I couldnā€™t get to the inside of him. I figured going on the outside to force him to take the corner entry narrow would compromise his exit and if I brake early, I could get a better exit than him. It did work (that time) but then I messed up T3 which allowed him to get a run on me out of T4 to regain the position.

Yeah fair enough. I know I need to work on that. My wife said the same thing when we were watching it haha.

I really donā€™t like the feeling of not knowing where people are behind me. But, I know from reading around here and seeing your advice that I should not worry about it and just try to put in the fastest laps.

I am the same, but 2 or 3 looks around the track to see whatā€™s behind you should give you the info you need. Otherwise you become too preoccupied with the following kart and arenā€™t spending enough time focusing on apexes and braking points.

I like to check behind when I come into the straight or before a passing zone. Otherwise if you arenā€™t in a passing zone, it doesnā€™t really matter how close the following kart is.

Of course itā€™s going to be impossible to spot your next braking point or your exit point even if you are looking mid-corner.

1 Like

What I meant was that your effort to back it up and take it slower to position better seemed to result in a better run than the guy who was pushing normally. With the tires being poop, maybe the aggression isnā€™t as rewarded.

I did notice the head thing too and think that generally looking around too much messes with your focus and vision. Ears let you know if heā€™s close.

Thanks for the tips! I will definitely keep that in mind going forward! I think looking once mid way through the front straight will let me know if someone is gaining enough to make a pass into T1, T2 or T3 which are the major passing zones.

I have only been karting for a year, so I am still learning a bunch and honing my skills! I appreciate the feedback!

Ah that is an interesting point for sure!

I am definitely looking around too much but did not realize it until I watched the footage. I actually did make a few mistakes because I was looking around across the sessions that night. I am going to working on it!