(Weekly) KartPulse Racer Videos Thread

Holy Guacamole. Huge progress. Its funny how your “weakness” (adult male of reasonable proportions) may well prove to be an asset. The mass does seem to matter in matters of pushing folks around. :grinning: Anyways, good work. You made hay from others lunacy and progressively got more assertive. And, I’m only at 3:05.

But what brought me here was 3:00. Well done, Sir! I believe you were struggling making speed out of here last time. This looked great. Nice pass, too.

Edit: Oooh look at 4:30. Look at how much wall she takes at turn in. She might even use wall as brake, kinda. Anyways, great turn in and run down straight for her, it seems.

5:42 Really nice final complex and nice bonus prize at end.

That finish was interesting. 9 got assertive with the kart she had been glued to. What was interesting was watching the two of them come back to you and then she would stop attacking and try to regap. It got progressively more urgent as time passed, resulting in the spin.

Overall, that looked really good to me and a big improvement. Looked like you had made some pretty significant line changes in a couple places and have started using the wall a bit. You are starting to move and I am starting to think this velodrome of insanity may well teach us a thing or two.

1 Like

Thanks Dom!
This race happened about a hour after the last race I posted in the passing thread. Any changes in lines happened naturally as I don’t remember focusing on any particular new lines. I did make a concision effort to limit my mistakes and that helped with my consistency.
At very least this track will teach me to link corners and be a bit assertive.

Maybe you were just being more assertive but it seemed to me that your final turn now involves you hugging left wall and taking a much later apex. It also looked to me like you were using more width and almost rotating against the corner wall a few times. The beginning of the backside chicane looked different too, a bit faster maybe.

If that’s the case, they are probably grabbing throttle a bit earlier. It’s an interesting turn in that you have two major direction changes within moments of each other. Probably something in the flow and timing of when the lift for rotation happens (twice). I’d slow it down a bit and see if you can play with the entry.

Yeah, my Mychron track map has always called that Turn 9, so that’s stuck in my mind, but yes.

The final corner before the start finish. If you’re too tight to the apex, you hit that dip in the middle of the corner, and you can see it when he changes direction in the steering wheel. You can hear that bip in the engine too when he hits it.

That’s when they start to get away. Then, since they’re not fighting each other much, they gap him and get away.

The Carsons are a father/son combo, so they’ll play nice when leading too.

2 Likes

I have a compilation of karting bloopers I’ll have to dig up. Otherwise there’s these, which are kinda bloopers as well:

Also, goddamn I miss road racing shifters

2 Likes

Wet Blackhawk and your shifter… will made out yet?

Edit: I don’t know much about shifter irl but I do know a thing or two in sim… this Blackhawk footage is pretty gnarly. You are giving this kart the beans in what must be scary loose conditions. Maybe it’s just a fast course but you seem to be on it here.

1 Like

Shifters are fun, except when something happens and the anti-stall doesn’t kick in!

:grin:

2 Likes

Skip to 4:00

Here’s something I found today from a very interesting track in Chile. Epic scenery and an unusual supernats style track that is permanent. The wide corners make for some interesting racing.

This guy appears to be racing his pal and they go at it pretty hard, with the occasional punt of slower traffic. An entertaining look at a really interesting facility.

1 Like

If you “copy URL at current time” and paste the link here, it’ll start at that time stamp some it buffers :+1:

1 Like

Thx. That appears to be simpler on desktop. I’m too lazy to convert minutes into seconds and manually do it.

1 Like

@highSRT watch @CourterZT footage he put up and observe how he decelerates and accelerates through the turns. The fact that it’s a tag and makes noises helps see where and when he’s doing important things, input wise. Observe where the BRAAAAAAAP starts, the sound relative to the progression through corner.

Another thing: notice that lifts often aren’t full lifts. Instead there’s modulation of the throttle to get through the turn. Sometimes you can just reduce throttle enough to allow the front to complete turn while still keeping revs going.

Try messing around with partial throttle and modulation.

Dom that was a great battle and good advice from TJ. Bravo.

1 Like

Thank you. I feel kind of dumb for doing the same thing over and over again. Fortunately I got TJ to let me know when I am being a big ol’ noob.

I’ll have new footage soon. Race on Sunday. Probably rain race. Should be fun.

https://forums.kartpulse.com/uploads/default/original/2X/f/fa68a7a123a6c375445089ae42a8a44c3a44a5d5.png

It looks like 9 is a very late apex and that 8 is a sacrifice corner where you try to hold right edge of track to set up 9 entry?

You’re going through that section so quickly, it’s really not a “sacrifice” as it just "stay as right as you can.

Not racing but today’s practice I had a friend come out with a drone and do some filming.

2 Likes

Another version

1 Like

These are very cool. Is that a fancy unit?