(Weekly) KartPulse Racer Videos Thread

They are race drones. The ones where the pilot has goggles on.

1 Like

While not exactly a reader submission, Iā€™d like to think all these racers would be KP readers.

Also: cringe Ragnelli mention. From reddit.

1 Like

NTK like! Is that Boston with the banked corners? Also 80cc shifter looks like the bees knees. Top speed in race?

have you heard any news about x1 boston opening ever again?

That is Whiteland Raceway Park, south of Indianapolis, Indiana. X1 Outdoors Boston did not open in 2020.

1 Like

That was 80cc Shifters at Whiteland Raceway Park here in good olā€™ Indiana.

Iā€™ll have to repull my data but I think 59.something mph top speed every lap on the bullring of a short track.

I hoped to have footage from this weekends race. However, new track policy is zero cameras on track. So that will pretty much end my posting for the year.

First World Formula race after starting my first season in LO206.

Qualified 4 out of 12, ended up 5th in the final. Bad start (still learning) but fought back and made a pass on a really hard to pass short track.

Did they articulate why? That seems extreme.

1:30 Take a peek and dont like it?, get back on line. Donā€™t go through the turn narrow like that unless you have to.

Next lap just fine, then lap 3 same story. Lap 4 or 5, without following the fella into the turn, you nailed it and gapped up nicely.

4:30 Potentially, that could have been yours. You were sufficiently alongside to force him to enter alongside you. This might be a bit scary at this point, however.

6:22 you hit 773,361mph according to Gopro, and became Legend.

ā€œThe speed of light as it travels through air and spaceā€¦; it travels at 300 million meters per second or 273,400 miles per hour.ā€ I think youā€™ll need to be looking ahead here.

7:14 Joy!!!

1 Like

You had my dying laughing, yea GoPro goes crazy with GPS sometimes, should probably stop adding it.

Totally agree, I should have made that pass earlier, he was holding me back and I would have had the extra time to catch 3 and 4. Thanks for looking as always Don!

1 Like

You seem pretty smooth which is very good. Since t2 is full out, you didnā€™t go all the way out at the entrance, but that Hurt you for t3, and than hurt your entrance into t4. Use all of the track, to the last inch. Iā€™m referring to t2 as the small left hander right after the second right hander. So I guess itā€™s t3

1 Like

Funny thing is during qualifying and the heats I was. Itā€™s a problem Iā€™m trying to overcome. When I want to catch up I go off plan and take different lines and try different things which end up costing me,

1 Like

Beat this out of you. TJ has tried with me and its taking slowly.

The gopro telemetry isnt that useful. Its nice to see speed but I find that RaceRenderā€™s gauges are more useful. I personally like how it tells you high and low speed for each corner. That is useful. Since you use a mychron, the data can be imported into RR. It will also show RPM which is extremely useful.

1 Like

Hereā€™s my onboard video from Sundayā€™s KA100 Sr prefinal at USPKS last weekend. This one had the most racing going on, while the others were more just me running around by myself somewhere between the midfield guys and the backmarkers. Lots of room to improve, but still happy with how the weekend went overall considering I threw myself into the deep end in my first year back racing in several years.

2 Likes

The way it was worded seemed like a insurance/liability thing. But they didnā€™t give a clear cut answer as to why. Just that cameras were no longer allowed in any capacity and expect many tracks to start doing the same.

My personal .02 is that even though we sign liability waivers but if something in the video shows negligence by the track workers/facilities then that waiver could mean nothing and a suit could be opened. Its lame on a multitude of levels either way. Hard to get content to promote yourself without this content. Lots of cell phone video photos from the fence edge though. :shrug:

All this because of Shumachers brain injury, I think, although it was disproven that the gopro on his helmet was responsible. At least thatā€™s what has been bandied about. I can certainly understand banning helmet mounts but I canā€™t see any reason to ban tethered chassis or faring mounted cameras.

As a YouTuber (not successful or popular mind you) I have deep reservations about this knee-jerking.

2 Likes

They have never cared about cameras in the past. But they were very sure to mention zero cameras anywhere. I do agree they shouldnt be on a helmet. But there is no reason a camera mounted to the chassis should be of concern

1 Like

I like number 37ā€™s suitā€¦ ā€œBobā€™s Sonā€.

Thatā€™s a nice field and good drivinā€™. Jealous of your grid!