(Weekly) KartPulse Racer Videos Thread

Classically, there is always some recent drama that drives those reactions, but unfortunately we don’t get a ton of information on the why. #rumorgate

Not good for karting if all the videos go away. Bye bye kart stories on you tube, Stuff like the Stahls and Kadler and Illegal Alien Racing… That would really be awful.

Also, no onboard pro footage of the Ryan’s and Jarsocrak’s of the world either, alarmingly.

If that is going to be the case, then everyone can stop fretting about the state of karting and growth, because there will be no chance of that ever happening again. What little exposure to the public that kart racing gets now, it is through personal video, and that will have been eliminated.

1 Like

I think the other thing to note is this track that didn’t allow them is a rental kart track who seasonally opens to have a winter race series. Their insurance requirements may be slightly different from a normal race track. Maybe not either but wonder if that has something to do with it.

What I always also wondered is why we need to have everything safety wired and double lock nuts and then GoPros with mounts do not.

Well, before everyone goes crazy, let’s not have just one track’s decision fuel a rumor fire that’s not happening yet.

3 Likes

They weigh a couple ounces and likely won’t kill anything helmeted. At worst it will be accelerated at 70mph, losing velocity instantly due to its low weight. My best guess which obviously is not good enough.

I lost a battery from my TAG mid turn. Now, that’s something that can kill someone.

1 Like

Damn didnt mean to get everyone fired up. I was bummed. But until another track follows suit ill consider it an isolated incident.

Final thought and I’ll let this go. Even a minor you tube karter like yours truly gets views. And most of the views aren’t you guys. My channel got 937 views in the past 28 days. And, my videos are boring race videos made for other racers enjoyment, not trying to tell a story.
I argue that if a shlub like me is getting views, people are interested in Karting and youtube is obviously relevant in Karting’s present and future.

That works out well for my channel as they don’t seem to care in Australia :stuck_out_tongue:
In all seriousness, I love watching other people racing karts and consume it at an alarming rate. I really hope this doesn’t become an international issue. Super GT and Jimmy Broadbent can’t use helmet cams in Club 100 anymore.

Would like input on my most recent race. This was the last race of the season at our track and the 2 guys that have been about 1/2 second a lap faster were not in attendance. However, we had a good battle. The track was cold (about 60-65 degrees ambient and green), so cut me some slack on the outlap.

Also, our track has allowed helmet mount GoPro cameras and this is mounted in front of the chin area on my helmet with it tethered with the GoPro supplied cable. I like this vantage as I can see what I am doing, the mycron as well as both sides of the kart easily.

Here’s the 206 Masters final from the WKA race at Whiteland yesterday.

1 Like

6:40-7:25 Nice. Do more of that. You grab throttle nicely here each time and gap, gap, gap.

You did and at 10:15 its yours. Interesting that he lost it here. He had a moment here 2x already.

Your fan club is excited! We are blessed to have our own Kidfosi!

2:40-2:45 That’s interesting.

6:40-6:51 Again, unusual but with good result.

Hes getting frazzled past this point and starting to get defensive and sloppier. Maybe need to push him along a bit deeper into the turn (without spinning him). That’ll frazzle further. He is chopping all over the place.

He’s looking back too much, multiple peeks same turn, even. Hes freaked out a bit.

You guys earned your beers. Nice race! Was it you and him or was the pack hot on your tail?

Hi Dom, Thanks for the input. In the previous race the guy I am chasing and eventually pass I could not do more than get close and ended up 3rd. IN this race I was able to catch and apply pressure which I believe caused the ragged driving (this is his first year racing and he has come a long way in 6 months) He turned his fast lap after I passed him. There were 6 of us in total. My older son ran his first ka race finishing 3 seconds behind in 3rd.

Im curious by what you see that’s interesting at 2:40 and again at 6:40? Lap 9 was my best lap, I need to figure out how to do that every lap and even find another 1/2 second. This was our first year with KA at our track, I previously ran Yamaha for 2 years and having a motor like the KA that just works and needs minimal attention to keep running well forced me to become a better driver and work on chassis set up.

That was for Matthew Burpo… Yours is one above. I found this section 6:40-7:25 to be very well driven. It felt correct and powerful. Overall you looked good, I thought.

It just us nose to tail. We had about a 4 second cushion probably.

Those two instances you mention, I assume it’s from me backing that corner up super far for the run off. Had enough of a cushion I was trying different things.

Last half of the race, he was running the standard Whiteland 206 block line.

Me and the 83 are good buddies and I was having a blast trying to work around him clean. I could have probably bulldogged under him, but I was being pretty conservative.

It was a good looking race and you gave him a lot of slack. You had the pace but not really the opportunity for a polite and friendly pass. I enjoyed watching and am excited to do some lo next year!

You were setting up the turn in such a way that a pass was “Almost” there. He did not give you the half kart width you needed, however.

Good Race Matt,

I noticed the left after the banked turn 83 would go deeper, but the last few laps you started going deeper and staying with him. I wonder if you were to apply some pressure going into that turn if that would push him out wide enough to allow you to go by since he is already a little ragged.

Thats what I was thinking but kept sorta to myself in case anyone thought that would be “wrong”. Also, its his buddy, who might not appreciate being forced to go deeper than he’d like. This does get a bit subtle.

The banked 5 turn at NJMP is perfect for this, because they can be oversent into this and the bank will catch them but they will still be wiiiiiiide.

I could probably drive Melvin all the way in to the apex and he would probably love it as long as I didn’t stuff him. :grin: