(Weekly) KartPulse Racer Videos Thread

Yup, I am defending. The inside entry into t2 is the pass zone. When you see folks running down to it from middle or left edge, they are telling the other guy to go try their luck on the faster, outside line/entry.

You really, really want to be holding the left edge on exit of 2 to set up a fast 3. You can take a wide entry into 2 and a very late apex to get there, but that opens the inside right up. Defending makes you narrow into 2 and you have to hold that inside edge. The typical error folks make is to come off the inside kerbing of t2 too early and then get compromised into 3. Thus my lame meme:

@E13 btw thank you for the feedback. I am enjoying this!

Of course! Iā€™m probably one of the lesser experienced drivers here but I thought Iā€™d give it a go

Totally. Got me thinking about that exit as well. Maybe I shoulda held the outside exiting 5 and let the guy behind try to take then inside and get frustrated.

In addition to generally trying to be helpful, the reason why I would try to pick apart others races with commentary is that you learn stuff watching others races and thinking about it. You then have to put your thotts out there for everyone to see and like you said, there are very experienced folks here that make being precise kinda necessary.

Itā€™s a fun challenge to make comments when you know there are faster, more experienced folks who will raise an eyebrow if you are wrong. So there is a point to this: learning how to discuss racing and forcing yourself to ā€œput it out thereā€.

1 Like

Just watched this. Can you elaborate a bit on what the braking struggle was?

I thought you did a very nice job in traffic. Your passes were unforced and it seemed to me that you took advantage well of others little mistakes, but patiently so, letting them dig their own graves, allowing you to walk on by.

When you got open track I found your lines to be buttery smooth. I was impressed with the late apex wide turn that funnels into a tight radius right hander. In general I thought you handled the technical parts very well.

Was your gearing different than #1?

@E13

Chris McCoy tells me we can register for the NH endurance race Friday. Please remind me to do so for us. I am super busy at work and donā€™t want to forget.

1 Like

Iā€™ll send you a PM, canā€™t wait!

First race of the season is always wild.

I like the narration. I might try that in a video.

1 Like

i started doing it last season, and most folks seem to prefer it.

I could see that. Iā€™m always baffled that people seem to watch my races because itā€™s not that entertaining seeing a guy go in circles for 15 laps.

The story of the race is probably more interesting than the race itself. Fortunately, I dump my fellow racers regularly to provide my viewers with some excitement. :innocent:

1 Like

I thought this impressive:

Il Maestro di Vespa

Iā€™ll see that and raise you thisā€¦ :astonished:

1 Like

Jeeeez. Motorsport is indeed amazing and thereā€™s just too many choices. That boat has GRIP!

I was watching a mash-up of UK motorsport events (mostly club level-ish) and the variety of vehicle types is truly astounding. Some of it was clearly very budget focused and it seems you can do a lot with very little car, if you wanna race badly enough.

1 Like

It always amuses me when (some) car folk bemoan karting for having ā€œtoo many classesā€, and you tune into some random car series and thereā€™s like 10 grids of racing, each with 5 seperate classes in each one. :joy:

1 Like

Cool drone footage of my last local here in Florida.

2 Likes

Hey @Bimodal_Rocket , wasnā€™t there a Water Park in Jersey back in the day that had something like this? Karts too!?!

1 Like

Ah you mean Traction Park?

They also had Lola type cars.

1 Like

Very cool indeed and thatā€™s a good sized field!

Thatā€™s the one! I watched a documentary on it last year and was in awe! How did something like this not pop up in GA? It would have been Gang Busters!!!

They arenā€™t making this up, either. It was notorious. Talk to any Gen-X NJ person and theyā€™ll have a story about Action Park. I did get to drive the cars once but they were not very fast. Sorta similar to Malibu Grand Prix in Ca, if that rings any bells.