(Weekly) KartPulse Racer Videos Thread

Andrew,
Welcome!

If you simply paste the link from share arrow on the YouTube page, you get a video preview. Take a look at the line I added and how it differs from what you pasted.

1 Like

I can relate to this. I went out Wednesday to NTK, a relatively short track, for some practice and though at the time I did not feel any fatigue cranking out several 30 to 40 lap sessions by the end of the day my lower back was talking to me. Here I am 3 days later and I am still feeling the effects. It just means I need to put the time in and get back into shape

Something I noticed more this time out, was the tires chirping away. Especially on the tight turns. Maybe its because during a race, there are other karts closer to me or my attention span was broader due to lack other distractions, but I found it mildly amusing that I could pick up on the sound of the rubber/grip over the roar of a two-stroke engine next to me. It certainly had an effect on my driving. Once conscious of it, I started to adjust my lines to minimize the chirping and maximize grip through any given corner. The sound just seem to reinforce what I was feeling through the kart. Mind you, the track was relatively green, tires were not new and I made no adjustments from session to session. Just gas and go.

1 Like

I have experienced the same thing. My first race of the year left me feeling oddly tired and achy, not immediately after but the following 3 days. The rebound is slower. I guess I have aged another year. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

fun drive tru the filed after a not ideal way to end the prefinal

1 Like

D’Andrea race at NJMP: Touring Kart Championship

We had great weather for the race at NJMP and a pretty decent turnout, too. The race was hosted by Deandra, which is a produce store, and we were greeted with heaps of fresh fruit! I took home two flats of blueberries and a bag of clementines, which, in today’s world, is about 25 bucks!

We got 3 heats: Practice/quali, Pre and Final. Here’s my first attempt at narrating stuff.

The races were fun although I did not get a speedy kart, alas. I think I managed 5th in quali, 5th in prefinal and 4th in final. Mostly, I was defending against faster karts. I did have a couple battles though, and had a good time.

I did dump Alex. In this case I was unwilling to back out and my big ego spun Alex a bit. He got to voice his displeasure with me next turn, though. Sorry, Alex.

The other finals race had a really exciting finish with all three trading places over the last 5 laps. Well deserved champagne.

2 Likes

tried something new what do you guys think of it

3 Likes

new jersey looks like a fun track cant wait to go there for stars

The full layout is very nice. I think you will enjoy it.

2nd Club race. 17th to 4th as the rain started to get heavier.

1 Like

Thank you! Just added this past weekends race correctly.

1 Like

Gordon Ramsey won a kart race.

1 Like

Club race from this past weekend, with some added jibba-jabba.

1 Like

Since it’s in my paste buffer…. Heavily modified pit bike engine on the stand.

Great idea! I liked it. Nice drive, too!

@E13 finally registered for camp motorsport endurance race.

Put down the down payment.

At OVRP for the endurance race today. It’s been raining here for a while now and is scheduled to do so through 3pm. Ugh.

Nick loves the wet, which is fortunate. Personally I am very bad at wet racing. So, today should be a 3 hr lesson.

1 Like
1 Like
4 Likes

San Pellegrino? I thought that if you drink bubbly water when racing you explode or something. It really doesn’t feel as hydrating (although it is).

In the next episode, “Alan takes a nap”.

That’s a very cute course, wooded. What’s it called?