(Weekly) KartPulse Racer Videos Thread

Thank you, did not realize that was HP in Italian

No the starts are mostly to do with sr drivers always being a bit more aggressive with the new drivers moving up from jr to try and scare them.

@olivier.p I also just had a chance to watch your race. That was a nice drive you put together! You were really making great time at the end of one of the straights (hard braking into a right-hander). Also, once you got past all of the flying monkeys, nice job getting down to business and consistently eating into the gap to the lead pack! :+1: :+1:

Do you know how your best race lap was relative to the winner?

I think you’re giving mid-pack drivers too much credit here. The ones who drive like they’re trying to win on the first lap will do so regardless of whether the driver(s) in front are new or not.

Really nice drive. Looked smooth and under control the whole time, and you obviously had great pace. Nice job on the brakes! Let me know if you’re ever out at NCMP for a test day or club race, and we can arrange to get you in my shifter for a few sessions :smiling_imp:

To @speedcraft’s question, here is a snipet of the results from that day:

3 Likes

It’s really fun seeing folks from here names on race results and leaderboards. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nice pace, Oliver. Your fastest lap in context of the top ten times suggests that had things been different early in race, you could have finished top of list!

2 Likes

Cavallo Vapore (And it is the same in french, Cheval Vapeur)

1 Like

Oddly, I did not know the French term for HP! Thanks @tankyx

A few days ago I posted one of Adam Ryland’s recent vids. Here’s a very early video of his from his first ever race, for contrast.

He makes a good video and this one is relatable to anyone who has gone down the road of learning to kart.

Enjoy!

And here’s some vintage action with some 100 footage from Italy, I think.
Not sure what’s going on here, but it appears to be older dudes watching the younger versions of themselves…

Another year older, gents. Buon 2023 gentiluomini! Thx for sharing.

She sent it

Did not see her until she was in my lights. Lucky lady. Tanguy would have been proud of my assertive braking and immediate release.

1 Like

Haven’t posted in a while, but here is one of my last races of 2022. Advice, tips always welcome:

Nice race. Every time I see onboard from that track it makes me want to go there…such a cool place!

Ha. I was literally wondering this am when we’d be seeing another video from you. Happy new year!

50s: well that was an assertive move by 437. The calculus he used to estimate available space was flawed.

1:40: can’t see it but it looks like 432 made a nice run down the inside and held you out wide and executed a nice pass.

5:29: 421 does same, same spot. Did you see it coming?

7:43 you and 421 push past 437 whose pace fell off. He gets a little of the same he gave you at start. :sunglasses:

8:45 437 took it back but now he’s a rolling chicane and seems to be struggling. Nice try at 8:53. But, ack, that opens the door. Two get past.

9:26: takes one spot back.nice pass.

10:45 Aha, now it’s your turn to get inside run and take apex, passing back.

You then reel back in 437 and almost get him.1 more lap and it was yours, it seems.

If I am not mistaken, we finish more or less like we started.

How did you feel about it? What would you improve?

That’s a cool track and the chicane that feeds into another chicane is fun to watch.

Fastest lap from Sunday, tear me a new one:

Looks fun! Tough to see too much from that angle, but one thing I’d suggest is to get your downshifts completed sooner. It will both allow for better control upon corner entry, and also allow you to think about rotation and back to power sooner, as opposed to managing the gearbox mid-corner. Lap time seems good!

Just curious… does driving the shifter sort of ruin driving single gear for you? I find that when I sim KZ, I wonder why I do anything else. It passes and when I get back in x30, I find iurt still pretty engaging but my mind definitely feels like it’s “slow” for a while. It eventually normalizes.

K1 Speed league night. Started in the b main dead last. First time at the track and these guys brought the heat. Most of them race when Music city indoor karting was there and the track is the same so they were quick off the bat. Track record at the beginning of the night was a 26.5. That was broken in the first qualifying. In the end 20 or so of us beat the track record. And the top 20 were separated by roughly 0.3 seconds. Fun fun night good challenging learning.

Also I didn’t jump the start race director said gloves are off when he drops the flag so I gunned it.

1 Like

I hit this place about 3 years ago when it was Music City. It was pretty fun, although I like the gas powered indoor karts a bit better. This layout is different from my visit, so I might need to check it out again.

Not sure if this has been posted before

Oh yeah! There was a second angle of this but it disappeared. A great example of things going pear shaped!