(Weekly) KartPulse Racer Videos Thread

@speedcraft forget what I said about us starting a swamp buggy Team. Instead, we gonna race hovercrafts. We will have to rethink the meaning of “slip angle”.

Old Hong Kong racing

https://www.vroomkart.com/news/1576/cherishing-treasure

Looks like HK hasn’t had any kart club racing since 2007. Says that costs are 1/3 in mainland China and rhat there’s been no local govt support.

Apparently RPM in Jersey City got a face lift…

New

Old

Its now a multi-level design.

I was checking out an outfit called 360Karting that designs and builds Karting venues for rental indoor type facilities. I think they are hired to do the project as opposed to actually owning and running a facility. They have lots of interesting indoor tracks around the world and seem to do a nice job of it. They also seem to have some sort of govt backing: " The operation “Digitization of the 360 Karting brand” is co-financed with the help of the European Regional Development Fund: www.eu-skladi.si, the Ministry of Economic Development and Technology: www.mgrt.gov.si and SPIRIT Slovenia, public agency: www.spiritslovenia.si."

Apparently, they are the people that designed the new Supercharged Entertainment venue at a big, destination type mall in NJ. It just opened over the Xmas Break…

@Bimodal_Rocket Those hovercrafts look like a great time, but I’m still partial to the V8 powered mini jet boats running on essentially a liquid kart track. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

This will be like lo206 boating.

Fun onboard from my first sr race
https://youtu.be/YIajFiWD6YU

Adam Rylance (used to race round here when younger) does nice POV karting videos with banter and a story:

Hey, remember my margay that sucked and I couldn’t get help with? I gave it to Grant Cameron since he has time and desire to deal with the kart and is college student.

Turns out it had, amongst other things, broken frame. So much for it being my driving (probably). Not the best sales experience.

Not a video but I am in Vroom International Karting Magazine this month https://www.vroomkart.com/

4 Likes

100% will cause your issues. Any time my kart is “acting funny” I immediately strip it down and start checking for cracks

1 Like

My go-to check as well. We break a lot of stuff around here. :joy:

I agree, Gentlemen. I couldn’t get help from the folks who sold it to me. I really should learn to wrench.

Edit: found link. Tres cool. Also, your pants inspired the graphic designer who did the magazine layout.

Too bad they removed the Monza turn. They’re a blast.

I was waiting for this video to appear :rofl:

Holy yikes:

Your kart fell in love.

Consider popping by the “working in motorsports” thread and explaining how you became a race director/ professional flag dancer. Probably an interesting journey.

Link to vid?

Fianlly got to watch this (video wouldnt work for me originally when posted).

The first couple laps are pretty amusing. It’s a fight taking place in karts . Y’all are committed to mayhem in KA 100! I got to observe you getting passed by a bunch of karts early on, which is rare for you. I’m guessing you were like “This is like being in a blender. I’ll get you unreasonable buttheads later in the race. Go and sin with someone else.”

Can someone explain how to read these dyno graphs?

RPM horizontal axis?
Newton meters vertical? But it also says CV on right side of page… Or is that HP?

Basically, what’s this graphically representing and what does one glean from it?

Rpm across the X-axis.
Torque is the lower line with Nm on the right y-axis
Power is the top line, showing peak of about 30hp. On the left Y-axis scale.
CV (cavallo potenza) is Italian for Horse power.

1 Like

ya definitely a little scary i was paying attention so i didn’t get that close to him but a few people hit him, deeper in the pack.