What do you do in the offseason

Ooh. Probably outside layout because the inside one would be soooooo hard. The outside one would have some nice long drifts.

Indoor practice day? Not working on sponsorships yet but maybe next year. Ive got some pretty good connections. Any Xbox sims you recommend?

Thanks. With all my money going to karting I can’t get a pc nice enough to run racing sims.

1 Like

I know what you mean, I’m in the same boat. Ohh a nice force feedback wheel for the pc or xbox, but I could buy a new set of tires instead. Decisions decisions decisions.

1 Like

It’s rough but in the end it’s worth it. Changing to a different spec tire next year that wears out faster so yay.

1 Like

When I used Xbox:

Best driving/weakest “game”: Assetto Corsa
Best overall Driving/Sim game: Project Cars
Best “Game” Overall with worst driving: Forza (exception some cars)
Fun driving game: Forza Horizon
Best Career Mode: F1 Series: Super fun game with good driving as well. Excellent tracks.

2 Likes

Ill look into assetto corsa. I have f1 18, fh3 and fm6. also dirt 4 and dirt rally

I actually play forza 2 all the time. I think the physics are really good, but most people probably forget about it since its old. I haven’t played it with a steering wheel in years though, so I can’t say for sure how good it is that way.

Those are console titles. There’s a bunch of car/kart/unicycle stuff for PC beyond all this. Ie Race room, iracing, beamNG, euro truck simulator, etc.

yeah unfortunately I dont have a pc, so those arent an option. I might look into a cheap build in the future but thats not for this forum. $500 could get me a lot of races

Any news on this amazing idea?

It’s probably annoying and not much fun, but realistically the most useful thing you could do over the winter is work on cardio and core.

1 Like

Yeah thats probably the best idea. Fortunately The sport I do is year long and keeps me in shape.

Yes actually and I’m glad you asked.

I hope to offer rentals on a frozen lake at a location near Minneapolis where I live… Initially hoped to started taking bookings on Jan 3rd, but I think I’ll have to push that out.

Here’s the logo thing.

Brand story (Designer is going to have to swap out that pic…)

Been working on finding a location, fleet of karts, insurance, marketing plan etc etc.

Location is the biggest challenge. Finding lakes is easy, but figuring out who controls the access has been hard. Sure, I can easily just turn up with my own kart and rip around practically any lake. But obviusly operating a karting business on there without permits of some sort is just asking to be shut down…

Of course, with evaluating lakes comes track layout ideas…
Here’s Lonato squeezed onto a lake about 8 mins from my house…

The frozen lake pictured above from last year is still an option, but it’s 1hr north of where I live.
That said, interlagos in it’s entirety fits on there haha

That’s one REALLY cool thing about this you can prettymuch build whatever you want. The frozen field of dreams for kart racers :smiley:

The biggest challenge is trying to figure this out and run it on a limited schedule as a side project. Right now I think I’m looking at running every other week on Fri, Sat, Sun. Between that and limited daylight hours, it’s hard to make the numbers work when I really only have until march before the lakes get a bit sketch.

1 Like

too bad you’re 400 miles away.

Lonato has never been closer :laughing:

Wow. That’s gonna be super cool. I actually have some family up there that I am visiting in February. I’ll post my questions on the separate topic
Edit
Didn’t realize that other topic has only introduced your backyard track. Are you going to introduce it on that topic as well or should I ask the questions on this one

1 Like

I’d love to do this if it happens. What kind of karts would you be using? You could combine the best parts of the best karting tracks to make the ultimate track

1 Like

Here in Texas it doesn’t get too cold even during the deep winter months so the hope is to get some practice in with the new kart before the first race in March.

1 Like

The karts (well engines) will depend on how much space I have. They’ll be four strokes of course. I might add gas candy to them for a little upper end lube (and smells).

Chassis will be typical rental karts with wraparound bumpers.

At least that’s the starting point. I think a 100cc aircooled kart would be a lot of fun.

2 Likes