What engine do i have? Need help, no spark!

Did you try disconnecting 13/14? Either the stop button is shorted and preventing spark, or maybe you have rust or corrosion on the pickups?

YESSSSSS!!! We are getting somewhere. So i disconnected the shut off switch. I also disconnected the main starter wire. Now I’m getting a spark but it’s very faint. It got a little brighter if i hold the green button down when i try turning it over. It won’t make my spark plug spark but my spark plug tester is starting to light up. It’s sparking fast just not strong. What should i do next? Thank you so much for y’all’s help this far.

I hate to sound like a broken record but, where the arrows are pointing needs to be corrosion free. You may not see a wicked spark. All grounds should also be removed and cleaned to be corrosion free.

Once all that is done, throw some properly mixed fuel in the cylinder and see if she fires…

I polished it. I’m getting a faint spark on my tester but not at the plug. When i hold the green button down my spark gets a little brighter.

Have you tried a new plug? Checked the gap? Ensure there is no damage to the insulation of the plug wire, stator wires, etc.

2 Likes

I found this to be a great read.
https://www.foxvalleykart.com/print/prt_timing1.html

1 Like

I put a new plug in just to try. No spark still. Rob im going read through it and take a look at it. I will keep you posted. thank you

1 Like

Any updates on this?