What is the absolute fastest way to warm up rental kart tires?

In all honesty sometimes more weight helps with jacking in rentals on hard tires. It’s not the deficit you might think.

Interesting, I’ve found the opposite. Minimal front caster combined with the rear being firmly planted with my weight on it means it’s push city.

If I can, I usually shift pedal and seats forward to free the rear.

1 Like

Turns out when you draw the kart that is over 2 seconds off the pace it doesn’t matter how warm your tires are :joy::joy:

Ah, welcome to rental racing… where kart draw wins

At least that’s been my experience with a few facilities around here. The gas kart fleets have 3-5s gaps between slow and fast karts.

Also, electric is key for heavy drivers. The very strong low end torque is ideal for accelerating the larger racers. The heavy guys do well compared to gx290 karts, whose bottom end is non-existent. Very well, in comparison.

That was my first time ever racing at over 180lbs and i’m over 200 with a hoodie and helmet right now so it was a definite struggle. as soon as i drew the kart the owner went “try not to get last”

My solution has been to make all the karts traction limited :laughing: If it’s got enough power to spin the wheels, it’s got enough power.

We haven’t held any leagues or races yet, but I think we will in 24.

I’d love to participate. I’m curious what an actual mechanic serviced rental kart feels like.

I was chatting with a unit of 270 a supercharged. He did just fine against the lighter boys relatively speaking. He is in the fight. Another guy, Kahliel is 250 and he has won some of his division heats and he was not in a low split.

Point is, electric is better for adult drivers, rental racing. That or everyone get gx390s to compete.

I’ve never actually driven electric rentals, but I have heard good things. I know they have some sort of electric series overseas but I know nothing about it. Kinetic E-Series I believe, tops out about 62mph so really not bad.

Oh I’m sure that the eventual actual electric race karts will be utterly wicked. I have seen some footage of the gentleman who posts here company race karts and it’s very fast.

The rental facilities that are being built around here are indoors and that seems to be a common thread. Electric makes so much more sense indoors. The fact that you’ve go big torque at the bottom is just a bonus.

Blowtorch usually works, might get a couple weird looks though, and some guys who’ll walk you out of the place.

1 Like