What is the cheapest kart class besides Lo206?

Nothing out here on the east coast

3,250 euros for a new, complete race kart is pretty nice pricing.

1 Like

Great point! In addition to being an engine, the T4 is also a spec kart, somewhat like the ignite.

1 Like

For a complete turn key package, the cheapest Iā€™ve seen is the Praga Dark Eco Lo206 package for $4,999 from Atlanta Motorsports Park.

Iā€™m sure there are cheaper packages out there, but its difficult to find a package as most sell the kart and engine separately. But the price at Atlanta MPincludes the engine mount, tires, and free shipping for that price, which is pretty good IMHO.

I think you guys missed the mark honestly. A 420-500cc big clone qith a Tillotson carb and some reworking would have been a monster class nationally IMHO. Why compete with the 206 when you can be KA speeds instead, just my .02 Also, at a $1500-1800 price point it would be profitable.

In our 420cc class it has been amazingly competiitve and fun and our rules are pretty open IMHO. If someone developed this properly it would be a huge sucess.

Gross.

20 characters

Maybe gross. But how often do you see new people asking ā€œwhat chassis is bestā€ and leaving the discussion no better off than when they started :joy:

1 Like

100% agree that a purely spec class is good for the sport (mostly). The Ignite class, where its available, is a great class. Itā€™s a great entry point for someone coming in, too, and Iā€™ve seen a ton of good racing in the class. Just not my cup of tea!

Iā€™m not a fan of muddying up the sport even more with YET ANOTHER spec engine, spec class, whatever. It never ends!

1 Like

Personally I love the idea of spec. Makes it turn key for new folks.

James, what chassis is best?

An Arrow, but you canā€™t get an Arrow, they donā€™t import them anymore!

2 Likes

I got a 4S in the garage. :wink:

If I didnā€™t already have two karts in the garage Iā€™d ask how much you wanted for it, 4-cycle Senior at East Lansing is going to be absolutely bonkers next year, 30 karts on a 40 second track half a mile long.

I donā€™t think someone could offer me enough to get it. :grin:

It would be a lot of fun to be the importer for Arrow but Iā€™d lose my shirt!

I would hate to deal with importingā€¦

Importing is not fun. Even when we have favorable transit. The last 2 years have been :poop:. I long for the days of when I thought I had problems :rofl::rofl:

Iā€™m curious why you think arrow is the best chassis? I bought my son a used arrow chassis, and while I do think itā€™s awesome, ive never heard that itā€™s the must have frame.

1. The brakes actually work, feel like those from a race car, and donā€™t have stupid durability issues. Replace the Castrol SRF at each pad change or if the kart has not been driven for a year.
  2. All of the adjustments do what Arrow says they do in the manual.
  3. Kartech components are really durable. I never had to replace hubs, bearings, or random steering components except after a crash. Even the fuel line lasts more than a season.
2 Likes

Thanks for feedback. We ran the kart all of last season and it went pretty well for his his first time. Iā€™ve never karted but come from 15 years of road racing and coaching/ instructing, kart seemed super forgiving and I just stuck to arrows setup sheet. Good to know

The very detailed set up manual is a bonus.