What video editing software are you using for YouTube?

I’m guessing the advantage of Avidemx is that it allows you to snip the video file without having to re-compress it using an editor. Whenever i produce a video, I lose tons of image quality putting it into an editor, shortening it, adding titles. The system when it produces the final video introduces compression artifacts all over the place.

While avidemux seems like it’s just for trimming the video, it seems like a simple and good way to shorten whilst preserving image quality.

Ordered an adaptor for my SD card, so I don’t have to plug my GoPro directly into my iMac. (Fingers Crossed) I’m also on an older iMac (circa 2013), I have no idea if that has something to do with it. Its says my system is up-to-date softward wise. :man_shrugging:

I’ll report back after I get my stuff in the mail.

Got the SD card and adapter, reset the factory settings (just in case). What is the best video settings for the GP7?

Me, Id run it 1080P and 60FPS min resolution. 1440 if you are ok with bigger file sizes. I personally use the widest view, make sure GPS is enabled, shake reduction, etc. Ill pop in a battery and take a look.

Only Options I have is:

4K | 2.7k | 1440 | 960

240 | 120 | 60 | 30 | 24

Previously I was on 1440 | 120 W with image stabilization on, but that’s when I was running into the still image issues :man_shrugging:

1440 is better resolution and bigger file size. 120 FPS is useful if you want to do high quality slow motion otherwise you are just making the hardware sweat, I think.

1 Like

Thanks Dom, the visual helped :+1:

No problemo. Happy filming.

Hi Dean
I use a program that’s very user friendly and its FREE called ShotCut one word. It’s the best I’ve ever used before and I’ve tried several. Below is the download link. There’s a lot of video’s on YouTube on how to maneuver threw it.
LINK: Shotcut - Download

I’ll take a look, thanks.

A slight detour. Using Shotcut, first time editing video, so I’m somewhat lost. I just cropped both ends of a video and saved it, I think under Youtube format and MPEG but when I look at the filename it doesn’t have an extension, although I can view it using Windows Media Player. Do I need to add an extension in order for me to load the video onto KartPulse?

Larry, I believe it needs to be hosted somewhere. I don’t think you can upload a movie file directly. @KartingIsLife is this correct?

By hosting I mean like YouTube or Vimeo

1 Like

Yea there’s no support for direct video uploads here. But if you post a link to a youtube video, it will
automatically show in an embedded window.

1 Like