Your favorite Karting (and non-karting) Youtube Channels and what would you like to see?

As a karting content consumer, I just go into the kart shop, turn on my TV, click into YT, go to my Subscriptions tab each night, hope there is a new post from one of my subscripted channels, and hit play. From there it just rolls onto whatever YT thinks I need to watch for the next several hours, mostly i think it rolls through older content from my channels that I may not have seen as it was posted ‘pre-karting Jeremy’. I don’t skip ads, but I don’t click on any either lol. I do like the commentary videos like Stahl’s and CaptionAwesomeness but I also watch a fair amount of plain jane POV (mostly from 103rd St I admit lol) races as I am trying to learn the tracks being I’m new. I average probably 15 to 20 hours of YT karting videos a week in the shop.

But to be honest, I think the best type of new karting content would be from someone not actually doing the racing, but maybe a crewmember or family member, since racers are usually the busiest at the track, they don’t get a ton of content outside of the actual race. So having a running commentary chronicling the race day (or even the shop days) with ‘driver interviews’ would be a hit. I’d say this content would be better from a upstart team as they would have a lot of relatable issues (forgetting to tighten motor mounts, accidently going the wrong way on gearing, having tire pressure at bead locking psi, ect…).

Interviewing someone under a mega tent complaining about finishing 3rd at a national race because caster was a half a degree off isn’t my jam lol. While I do watch Kart Chaser content, I really don’t care about the back story of a racer under a giant team tent on a regular basis, but damn it I don’t miss a single morning Walk with Dad as soon as it lands on YT.

1 Like

having my own channel, (DonnieRockett Karting) i’ve found it’s not easy to do the race day interviewing, filming, etc., in the pits. i may make an effort next season, as i can utilize one of my older GoPro’s on a gimble or something. i do think it would add to the entertainment value, at least for what i like to watch. prior to the 2022 season, i did not include commentary on all my vids, but now, they all include commentary, as the feedback was generally positive.