2022 Formula 1 Season: Official Discussion Thread

Just to confuse things even further with Haas, they picked up staff when Ferrari had to displace people due to new cost caps. That means Haas now has its own design team, albeit all ex-Ferrari. So the 2022 car is the first designed by Haas themselves (mini Ferrari team), but it’s still built by Dallara just to keep things confusing. Steiner also noted that they’ll hire engineers an designers short term as needed from Dallara if needed.

2 Likes

Haas maybe should be known as the Heinz-57 car…

1 Like

Ooof Trabant 🛻🏁🛻

I did but realize until watching James May’s cars of the people that the body work was eternal. It’s some sort of composite.

VW bug is 1st car… Trabant at 20:24.

Ugo, I think, will make it. Logan, I don’t think so. Kimi Antonelli will get there too I think.

Just through a combination of skill level, marketability and history.

That Haas car just looks like the f22 mock up car that the FIA put out. I don’t think there’s anything new on it. They haven’t even bothered with the DRS or front wing adjustment.

2 Likes

End plates are out wash, unlike the mock up car, which had Inwash. It’s also missing Venturi intake elements. Front wing segments are taller, nose is shorter and square. Suspension is push rod, unlike the pull rod on mock up. Couple other things too

1 Like

Clearly I’m not paying enough attention lol

Very interesting spot by The Race with the front suspension. It does indeed look Photoshopped a bit, maybe they are hiding something there.

1 Like

It’s mostly a mock up. Haas confirmed it’s a very early model

1 Like

There’s still several differences between the F1’s vision car and haas’ rendering. Side pods, air box intake, shape of nose and location of front wing to the nose, suspension design. See side by side:

Also, great PR by haas, they’re the only team being talked about for an entire week. Haha.

I see they have gone more normal looking than a few years back with the baffling nose cone designs.

Let’s see what the RB beholds. Or doesn’t. Day after tomoz

1 Like

Just in case you were worried, he’s been visiting our national parks…

Please no cliff edge selfies, Lewis. It’s not worth it.

More celebrity athletes on cliffs edge footage:

Meanwhile, Kimi takes the kids sledding:

I’ve got a book called death in the Grand Canyon. It’s about 600 pages of stupid deaths.
10/10

This was a good idea by haas to reveal early. Only press they’ll probably get

There are always opportunities for free press if you try hard enough. I seem to recall Haas drama related to Mazepin and a lady.

Big news. Marlboro/Mission Winnow officially end partnership with Ferrari. Phillip Morris was a major sponsor for decades and some of the most iconic F1 cars carried Marlboro branding.

About ducking time. image

Latest reveal: McLaren :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Damn it. Now I have to buy this. And the Merc one when it comes out

2 Likes