2022 Formula 1 Season: Official Discussion Thread

Max is making CEO bucks. At least he is entertaining and talented at what he does.

I’d do it for peanut butter sandwiches

I’d love to be a data engineer for one of those teams

1 Like

If I were rich enough, I’d pay Haas for a seat. Racing really is uniquely talented at separating us from $.

That would be funny. Dom buys Haas, installs Tanguy as lead driver and myself as second driver. Tanguy wouldn’t embarrass us, methinks. Lap 59: “team orders, Tanguy, let Dom by”.

You might want to google his Dads net worth…

Ah I see…

He’s a cold-cut oligarch for Canadians!

Well he doesn’t come off as a little prick so good for Latifi.

At this point I’m pretty sure that any one of us, with enough time and money, could race F1.

Curious you don’t see the ultra rich kids racing World of Outlaws (or maybe they do but are all Americans).

Also, does one “invest” in a team or rather “give them money which will be spent”? Sounds like a seat was sold.

I’m in at 1/50th, screw the constructors championship, use the extra $10m to make Lewis win😂

What makes you think you’d stay ahead till lap 59?
Just jokes

The point I was trying to make is that I, as team owner, would require the more talented Tanguy to give me the position.

Oh I read that backwards. it’s finals week, my brain Isn’t working too well

Study hard. Become rich. Sponsor me.

Charles is like… Wait, I’m getting LESS than the number two RB driver?

Where’s my manager???

1 Like

China GP canceled due to “covid policies” (also internal conflicts, imploding economy, etc).

Now cancel Canada for Covid policy reasons as well, the Middle East races due to the treatment of women, Monaco, Miami and Las Vegas due to boredom.

There, now only 16 races. Better?

Yes I know it won’t happen…

FYI theres no covid entry requirement for Canada anymore.

You do need to be prepared to show proof of vaccination entering the US though.

“Invest” v. “spend” = same diff. In the case of racing, the seat is the ROI.

So i will invest in gummy bears and reap the roi! :sunglasses:

1 Like

The man loves racing. Was a world-class GT driver for a short stint between his F1 career limbos. Hopefully it doesn’t take away too much from his IndyCar focus, because if he wants to stay in IndyCar long-term, he will need a stronger season next year.

Jost Capito and there technical director have left William’s.

I think Jost wants to retire but i think he might be a good Ferrari hire if he’s looking to work another 10 years.

2 Likes

Seemed out of the blue, but I guess he always said that this was going to be a short stint to help the team get back on their feet so he could go back to his retirement.

All I’m reading says that Vasseur to Ferrari is a done-deal, that a contract is signed.

Williams should hire Vettel as TP. That’d be a cool move.