2022 IndyCar Season: Official Discussion Thread

Alright, let’s hear some predictions. I’m going on record saying Ericsson wins tomorrow. He’s looked confident all season, and has been fast at the speedway.

1 Like

Any Ganassi car is a good bet. I am going to go boring and say Dixon. He’s due another.

1 Like

The delay on the f1 race dovetailed nicely into the 500. Let’s go!

Praying for a divine interference to put more fuel in Jimmie’s car.

Update: no work.

Update to the update: quite the opposite of what I asked. Glad Jimmie is alright.

BOOM!! I should have put some money on that race.

1 Like

An excellently driven race by Ericsson. Judged to perfection, just sat in P5 most of the day and went hard at the end. The Ganassi cars were unreal today.

Nice to see Daly lead a bit, got some air time for the helmet there. Karam worked his way forward and probably could’ve been in the top 10 but got really roughed up in the last two restarts eventually leading to the wreck on the last lap.

I thought Kanaan had that one when they red flagged it. He’s the restart master, but there were a lot of aggressive and hungry drivers going for it at the end there.

Crazy mistake by Dixon, who really should’ve won that.

1 Like

Definitely agree, should have been Dixon’s race. I think the only thing stopping TK was that he had the equally aggressive O’ward in front of him.

1 Like

Yeah and if Rosenqvist didn’t get picked by his own teammate, I think he had the run to get to P1 by turn 1 there too.

Smart driving by the Arrow McLaren guys though. Pato looked defeated to come 2nd, but he made up a bunch of points today by not making a dumb mistake.

1 Like

Who wins Detroit?

Rain on the way…

So glad Indycar has no blue flags, should be a good finish.

That was close! Well played.

One more lap and that would have been something. I’ve been super impressed with Power’s mature driving this season, he used to be so hot and cold during the season.

1 Like

Really wish I was at Road America watching in person this weekend but pretty good race so far from my couch. Some beating and banging in the opening laps, but a good run of green laps now.

Newgarden is a missile but the Andretti cars are showing well too. Ericsson leading the way for Ganassi as well.

Lots of strategies.

1 Like

Excellent middle stint by Rosenqvist to make this strategy work and pull himself up to P6, really impressive.

1 Like

Oh snap! Bummer for Pato, (and Newgarden) but this is going to be a wild last few laps. Rossi is charging.

Helio spoiling the drama…

Fun end, exciting race. Dare I say this was better than Baku this morning…

2 Likes

Those last three laps were insane, NEWGARDEN!

Will admit, Ericsson showed some serious defensive skills.

Power sure got punted early on though. Not sure how I feel about the retaliation toward the end, being open wheel, that stuff makes me nervous.

Good race at my favorite North American track.

However - I REALLY hate all the commercials. Indycar has got to come up with a paid streaming solution to this mess.

1 Like

The commercials are insane… especially when I’m paying for Peacock.

Yeah a little sketch but IndyCars are built pretty tough compared to F1 so a little wheel banging is okay… unless you’re Palou.

1 Like