2022 IndyCar Season: Official Discussion Thread

Physically and driving style.

I was talking about appearance but you are right about driving style. Maybe “the pass” altered Herta’s DNA.

Loved how aggressive he was chucking the car around on the damp track after that first pit to slicks. He’s fun to watch, though his tendency to overdo it is frustrating.

Indycar is exciting and unpredictable, I wish F1 could say the same; even with the restrictions in 2022.

1 Like

A decent level of predictability is good because it creates expectations that sometimes are met, but sometimes are not and that makes for great story telling. Unpredictable racing as a general rule is not the recipe for commercial success. What I think IndyCar gets right is the lack of power steering imo.

1 Like

Colton’s outlap at 3:40 is fun to watch. That car is so on the edge.

1 Like

Yep that track and car were a handful.

1 Like

Pretty insane save. I think catching a dry patch at apex is what pulled it back around. Otherwise some kind of higher power had to be at work!

Even still he kept up with the rotation up to that point. I didn’t even know indyacars had that much lock!

2 Likes

Looks like a lot more than an f1 car, i don’t think an f1 car could save it there.
Had to have been a dry patch. The car had so much rotational speed, no way to save it otherwise

Qualifying for the greatest spectacle in racing, about to get real spicy out there! May is great, days and days and hours and hours of IndyCars ripping around the Brickyard.

1 Like

At last look Vikay fastest with a 4 lap average well over 234 mph. Fastest average since Luyendyk 26 years ago.

2 Likes

WOW Sato! Massive commitment there to never lift after smacking the wall at 230 mph and complete the run to sneak into 12th.

1 Like

Scott Dixon. Wow. Wow. Wow

Incredible

3 Likes

Watching Jimmie Johnson save it at 230 mph made my butt clinch.

2 Likes

Yeah, that dude is awesome!

1 Like

I’m amazed at the talent in the field. Seven time NASCAR champ, ex-F1 drivers… How many past Indy 500 winners? Rossi, Castroneves, TK, Sato, Dixon, Will Power, Montoya, Pagenaud…

2 Likes

can somebody translate this?

Sure. They would like you to PayPal them some money.

2 Likes

That was quite the ride…