2022 IndyCar Season: Official Discussion Thread

All that drama for nothing.

1 Like

Lol, i guess McLaren didnt want to sign the fat cheque Ganassi wanted. Oh well, im glad Felix is keeping his seat. It is interesting that Alex is still testing the F1 car for McLaren though.

Yeah glad Felix kept his seat. He really had a pretty strong year this year and feels deserving of another season.

Ohhhhhh btw look who i was with last weekend on porsche carerra cup!!!

4 Likes

I was going to paint Santino’s helmets while he was in F2, but then his whole driving-with-his-phone-in-his-car and wrecking-his-teammate-while-his-dad-called-him-racial-slurs thing happened so I had to politely turn that down.

Kid can wheel though. No fear. He’s fun to watch and makes a good ‘heel’ for IndyCar or whatever series he drives in. As much as he may rub people the wrong way, it’s nice to have characters.

The track incident with his teammate could possibly get a pass, but the racist comments if true is something I wouldn’t be able to get behind if our company was still sponsoring Foyt. Hopefully he’s matured beyond all that because he’s definitely talented. Not sure how much he will bring to Foyt as I’ve seen several talented drivers like Daly, Sato and Kanaan not have the results they were clearly capable of. They’ve struggled for over a decade to find the pace against the field. In a series set up for parity like the 206 class, they haven’t been competitive in a very long time and clearly no fault of the drivers.