2024 Formula 1 Season Discussion

formula 1 is his 9-5 job to fund his sim racing career

last 5 laps had me sweating

1 Like

Last 5 laps there was actually a race.

1 Like

P2 was taking time out every lap for 5 of the last 7 laps. It looked like he was going to challenge for the lead. Sadly, he pushed a little too hard and lost time in a few spots and started cooking the tires. How epic that would have been had he pulled it off ! :sweat_smile:

last 5 laps sweating and off my seat especially when max said he had low battery

Loving the liveries

2 Likes

They just make Vettel head of the FIA/ F1

Looks nice but wish they used the red livery. Also as far as I know they didn’t do anything to remember Fittipaldi for their first WCC.

Imola; Are we seeing the typical pattern of Perez’s early season performance starting to fall off compared to VER? I just don’t think he has the mental stamina to maintain a level performance with VER throughout the season. I heard that Rosberg was mentally burnt out after beating Hamilton for the Championship.

Perez always underperforms during the European leg, but also being Verstappen’s teammate adds more pressure I mean he is RB’s golden child, the same pressure was put on Daniel in 2018 so its really expected to see the second driver or verstappen’s teammate always fall behind

Excited for qualy tomorrow, it’s all to play for in Monaco to be on pole! Interesting in FP2 with Lewis in second, Charles no surprise in First. I’m rooting for Charles to get pole tomorrow, actually if qualy ended up same positions as today I would be happy.

1 Like

Whatever the order today, that’s pretty much the finishing order minus pitstop snafus and crashes. Enjoy the Saturday race before the Sunday parade.

Yes, its proper. All or nothing quali. Nothing like it.

2 Likes

I have been super impressed with McLaren this season. After the last round of Upgrades, they seem to have brought the fight back to the front. Lando, with his childlike giddiness is so easy to root for and Piastri has shown impressive gains over last season. He seems to have a cooler head and is doing a much better job of managing the car/tires throughout the race.

Also, that Senna Livery is Bad-Ass!!!

1 Like

Really hoping Charlie gets his home GP win tomorrow.

1 Like

Thinking there might be a bit of excitement at the start, hope Charles gets away cleanly.

Well that was interesting.

I think it’s safe to say Mag won’t be in the next race.

So what’s the consensus on the Ocon thing? Ocon was ahead so by the rules, doesn’t he have every right to go all the way to the exit? On a track with no walls the inside driver apparently has every right to shove the other driver off track. So are the rules different with walls?

I still can’t understand why F1 doesn’t mandate blind spot monitoring for safety, at least at street tracks. You have stupid small mirrors that are vibrating making them about useless, so it only makes sense. But… “driver aid”.

1 Like

Gasly can’t disappear. He gave Ocon room and was up against the wall. If Ocon keeps coming over into an immovable object, that’s on Ocon. Just a silly mistake.

Kmag made a very silly move there. But Checo also looked in his mirror and saw him and continued to squeeze. Kevin’s fault for putting his car in a closing hole that was never going to work for sure but Checo could’ve prevented the accident too.

1 Like