2024 Formula 1 Season Discussion

Yes! I do like Mr. Pitt and can’t wait to see him be a racer.

1 Like

Also logos with major Italics often never feel aligned right with reference to other normal writing. Looks off from a typographical standpoint imo.

Cannot unsee. Brads got this tho.

Dang, Brad is older than me! He’s acting as a driver?

This is Brad. He’s like Laird Hamilton and transcends age as far as men are concerned.

Sergio, Sergio, what to do with you?

2 Likes

Boot him. Lawson is going to test next week I guess. The end may be nigh for Checo. This run he’s on is embarrassing and not acceptable for a team trying to beat McLaren who now is a legit contender and has two strong drivers. Plus Merc is finding form again so it will only get harder.

Checo looked good when the car was dominant and Merc, Ferrari, and McLaren were nowhere. Now he looks sub-average.

Max damaged his floor during his off. The delta between him and Perez though, there’s no denying it. Could be argued that Perez’s presence is funding Max.

Cool for the British teams to lockout the front. It’ll be interesting to see what Max has for them with a repaired floor and I’m looking forward to see what Hulk can do.

2 Likes

What a race! Wrong tire call for Lando there on the last stop, or he might’ve had a shot there. Piastri was so fast on the medium.

Haas pace was strong. Hulk matched Sainz lap times for much of that race and KMag was dicing guys up in those first two stints, shame he didn’t quite get points but awesome run to P6 for Hulk.

Ferrari tanked the tire call on Charles. Perez was a disaster too.

4 Likes

English people must be going bonkers. Its been a bit since Lewis got a win!

1 Like

Haas performance uptick seems to be timed with Gunther’s exit. Could he have been holding the team back? I didn’t think that Komatsu was going to be effective.

I think Ayao being an engineer is helping. He is able to better pinpoint what the car needs to go faster. Under Guenther the upgrades usually didn’t work…

Ayao seems to have condensed the whole team and gotten better synergy and communication going because they are coming with updates way faster and more often this year.

But also remember that this year’s car/team is still essentially under Guenther’s influence. He left late so he is somewhat responsible for a lot of the positives as well.

1 Like

There were some really puzzling strategy calls from McLaren in that one. Keeping Oscar out for an extra lap instead of double stacking, keeping Lando out an extra lap after everyone behind him was being called in, putting softs on Lando instead of mediums…I don’t think it’s a stretch to think that McLaren could’ve finished that race 1-2 if it was managed better from the pit wall.

5 Likes

That’s gotta be one of Hamilton’s favorite wins.

1 Like

Ouch. Perez on the chopping block?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-says-perez-form-unsustainable-with-f1-contract-clause-set-to-kick-in/10632968/

1 Like

I think they should give Yuki a shot for the second half of the season just to test his potential and put Liam in at VCARB in his place. They get to evaluate two drivers at once that way and they don’t lose Yuki and Liam who both are desperately trying to secure their future and will leave the RB family if they don’t see a future there.

I saw that. Very well could be.

Here’s an idea. Keep the Mexican sponsors and bring O’Ward in with some deal with McLaren F1.

1 Like

The only thing i noticed from the trailer. Made a meme for that. Guntheeerrrrr steiner. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ezgif-5-491d742df9

3 Likes

Apparently these are the performance criteria in Perez’s contract. Hope he can find his mojo again.

• Perez must improve his performance before the summer break, as Red Bull can activate contract clauses to remove him from his seat despite his recent contract extension.

• Clauses include not being more than 100 points behind Max Verstappen after the Belgian Grand Prix, with the current gap at 119 points heading into the British GP.

• Perez is also required to be within five places of Verstappen in the standings; he is currently fifth, while Verstappen leads the Drivers’ Championship with 237 points to Perez’s 118.

• Since the Miami Grand Prix, Perez has scored only 11 points in five races and one sprint, and he qualified 19th at the British Grand Prix.

• Competitors Oscar Piastri, George Russell, and Lewis Hamilton are closing in on Perez’s position, making it likely they will pass him before the Belgian GP deadline.

• Red Bull’s decreased competitive advantage this season, due to stronger performances from McLaren, Ferrari, and Mercedes, adds pressure on Perez to perform well.

• Team boss Christian Horner has emphasized the need for Perez to improve his performance to help secure the Constructors’ Championship.

3 Likes