2024 NASCAR Season Discussion

I think this is what you were looking for.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2024/04/25/nascar-classics-races-to-watch-before-dover/

What can heat our engines before dover !

the last few years i am reading so many complains about the sport even from people that was loved with the nascar . i am understanding that the new safety rules has taken some of the exitment off , but was is the big difference from the clasic nascar that make so many people unhappy to see it in our days ?

im not in america so im not grow up with the races on my tv as many off you …

tom cruise GIF by Paramount Movies

It used to just be a straight race to the checkered. Now they insert segments or stages (basically a staged caution) to artificially bring the field back together. Plus they are so focused on generating pack racing that they constantly are keeping the cars together. You never seen anyone break away at the super speedways anymore.

2 Likes

Now to be fair, if the truck was going faster it would have had a little more download and therefore a little more grip… But shows how things go when you go over the limit…

https://www.facebook.com/reel/442067521613449

dover wasnt that bad . just needed some good company and one or two beers along the watch .

why nowone likes hamlin this days ? i think is trying hard .

and boy the car livery from Truex.Jr …
that was my favorite paint from dover 400 !

1 Like

If you want to know why people hate NASCAR right now, just watch the last 10 laps or so. Larson is 2-3 tenths faster but cannot get within 2 car lengths of Hamlin due to the aero blocking and how much effect it has on the trailing car.

1 Like

So its the stages race thing and the aero dynamic effects that ruined the sport somehow ! …

Gotta cheer for Sam Mayer! Local kid who’s always been super kind to my son when they’ve interacted.

1 Like

Coached him a little when he was racing with Merlin, did a couple helmets for him early on as well. Really funny kid when he was running cadet/juniors. Nice dude.

1 Like

I didn’t know Sam Mayer ran karts! That’s cool.

I think NASCAR is going to figure out this short track issue, and the air blocking is something that will also be resolved.

We are in the doldrums right now, but they do keep trying things without real effect.

Getting the cars up off the ground effect and on a different tire, either with more fall off or a skinnier tire would be an interesting thing to try.

They sorta stumbled into a better race at Bristol with a tire that was overheating but Goodyear understandably has shied away from bringing similar tires to other races so far.

1 Like

its time to repair my desktop pc so i can try again my luck

1 Like

i am starting to understand the aero thing problem as it comes with the new type cars there …

Aerodynamics affecting race cars is not a new problem, it just seems worse with the current car. F1 has the DRS train which is a similar problem with a solution that doesn’t help in situations where there are multiple cars together. Interestingly, the Xfinity race the day before was one of the better races of the year at the same track, so its not an impossible situation.

3 Likes

goodmorning from greece . i would like to thank you all guys for this thred about nascar in here . it fill a hole i had from child to have some conversation for this king of races . It was my fathers who was a sailor in cargo ships those days lucky move to bring a vhs tape back home from america when he was travelled this countrys hourbors back at those days . I think it was that race that im bringing now here that it has inside it .

its the classic daytona 500 1993 , and my favorite colours are running in that race on Pettys son car !
i think i will consider to build a moustache as a loose and relaxed look as years come by me because i am not get any younger from now on …

and i like pettys look !

and the other question i got about my profile from what we have seen from me till now …

i am a hillbily ? or a yankee ? or im a dixxyland boy ? a hoosier ? a texan ?? a sooner ? or nothing of all ?

@GregF hmmm a challenge.

Judging by your temperament and immaculate race shop, you are definitely a Yankee. However, that doesn’t exclude you from also being a hillbilly. Everything else listed is too geographical. I would proudly label you a Yankee Redneck.

2 Likes

Thank you derek !! Thats me allright !!

Thanks god im not from Cali , coz i know from harry that they are nothing labed smile :blush:

As a Californian (cough has the most wins of any state in the last 20 years cough) I am shook!

But we won’t talk about that…

Press Conference Kermit GIF